Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:31:04 AM EDT
Anyone know who is doing ghost threading? I have a couple 22lr barrels that I need threaded.I thought gemtech used to do this but I can not find it on their site.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#1]
20 views and no replies? anyone have a clue as to what I am talking about?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#2]
What is a ghost thread?

I'm guessing it's threading that passed away but has yet to move on?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I viewed it and I felt like an ass b/c I didn't knwo what 'ghost threading' was.

I went out in the shop and asked to of our machinist and they both gave me this:

So, I couldn't offer you up an answer

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#4]
it is where a grove is machined into the muzzle end of the barrel ....the inside of the grove is then threaded.....making the host weapon for a can appear to be unaltered. There was a company offering this at one point in time  but I dont remember which companu it was.
possibly called phantom threading as well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Like this? Or are you talking about having internal female threads put into the muzzle and the can would screw "into" the barrel?
I can't imagine the latter to be the case due to a threaded muzzle crown causing poor accuracy.

Anyways, I had that pistol done at Tornado Technologies. Great guy, Awesome work.
It's seamless when my pistol is clean. 22lr tends to get dirty... And I tend to NEVER clean it
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
it is where a grove is machined into the muzzle end of the barrel ....the inside of the grove is then threaded.....making the host weapon for a can appear to be unaltered.

I'm trying to picture what you are saying.  

Something like back boring the muzzle end, then doing internal threads...like a shotgun choke?  Then use a threaded adapter for muzzle to can?

CHRIS
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Whats the point?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it is where a grove is machined into the muzzle end of the barrel ....the inside of the grove is then threaded.....making the host weapon for a can appear to be unaltered.

I'm trying to picture what you are saying.  

Something like back boring the muzzle end, then doing internal threads...like a shotgun choke?  Then use a threaded adapter for muzzle to can?

CHRIS

yes.

The point is that there is no thread protector to loose or misplace. and just by looking at the gun you would never know anything was done to it. you have to look at the muzzle to see the part thats been machined. Just a little something different.
Someone on another board said that it was called phantom threading but they didnt mention who did it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe John Noveske used to do it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]
You may want to try tornado technologies, they are over on silencer talk alot.  Or just google his name I believe I saw something he did over there that was like that.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top