Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2007 6:17:41 AM EDT
I am an individual..  Just got my stamp and have my ar-15 sbr complete.  I did not use a trust or corp to get this.  What MUST be engraved on my lower reciever?  What size MUST the font be?  

Say for instance my name is HOMER J. SIMPSON and i live in DISNEY LAND, FLA

What MUST i put on my lower?

Thank you for your help.

Steve (aka HOMER) lol
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#1]
H Simpson
Disney, FL

you need name/city/state.  Known abbreviations are acceptable.  Min height is 1/16 inches and depth is .003 inches.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
1/16 and .003 deep

IIRC, it's 3/32 not 1/16.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1/16 and .003 deep

IIRC, it's 3/32 not 1/16.

Mutineer is correct unless something's changed since my last Form 1.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys for the help.  so...  all i need to have put on my lower.... anywhere on it where it will be ready visible without taking anything off ect. is

Homer J. Simpson
Disneyland FL.

provided my name was homer j. simpson and my home address is Disneyland FL.

nothing else?  no... "built by" ect?  No... "REGISTERED SBR" or anything? just name and addy?

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
When I built my first SBR, I contacted NFA and I was told that it just had to be marked somewhere.  I asked about marking it under the pistol grip and they said that was ok as long as it was marked.  That was 5 years ago and it might depend on who you talk to when you call.

srt205
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the trigger guard?  That way if the engraver does happen to screw it up, you can replace it, or does it have to be on the receiver itself?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What about the trigger guard?  That way if the engraver does happen to screw it up, you can replace it, or does it have to be on the receiver itself?

It has to be on the receiver & readilly visible without disassembly on a non-permanent part, i.e., not on the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]
if i wanted to have it done on the side of the magwell... since i am kinda proud of my first NFA item... which i hope to own many more someday....  is there a reason NOT to place it there or where it can easily be seen?   Should i not... or am i NOT allowed to put "REGISTERED SBR" on there aswell?  as in:

BATFE REGISTERED SBR
Homer J. Simpson
Disneyland FL.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
you can engrave whatever the hell you want on it in addition to the required markings.  Engrave "BATFE can suck my balls" on the side if it makes you happy.

I have "5.56mm SBR" engraved on the magwell of one of my builds.  I like it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
"NFA Registered SBR" might be better than "BATFE Registered"
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Engrave "BATFE can suck my balls" on the side if it makes you happy.

That would make me happy. In fact I'd pay to see that .
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Engrave "BATFE can suck my balls" on the side if it makes you happy.

That would make me happy. In fact I'd pay to see that .

Be sure to list that in the "Additional Identifying Marks" section of the Form 1
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I will use that.

I am having mine engraved soon and I am doing to put this on it.

BATFE CAN SUK ME NUTS on the side.

Thanks for the great idea, I will post pics when it is done.

Darin
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think I will use that.

I am having mine engraved soon and I am doing to put this on it.

BATFE CAN SUK ME NUTS on the side.

Thanks for the great idea, I will post pics when it is done.

Darin

Are you listing that under 4h on the Form 1? Do it (and provide sufficient proof) and you'll win teh intranets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top