Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 3:38:41 AM EDT
My plan is to build a high-capacity .22LR magazine for an AA Glock .22 conversion.

I was going to mill a mag out of solid delrin (2 halves) and then machine the internals but I found a 32rd 9x19 mag I'm going to cut in half instead.  Then I'll make the chute the ammo needs to travel in and glue it inside.

I've noticed in some .22LR straight mags that by making the feed chute conical in shape (wide at the back) the rims can be staggered to reduce the space they take up while keeping the noses stacked straight.  This obviously avoids the need for the 'banana' curve caused by the rim.

Has anyone done anything like this before or seen it done?  Are there any straight .22 mags out there with over 20rds capacity?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:18:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  Great project and I wish you luck with it.  The highest-capacity straight rimfire mag I know if is the old Grendel pistol.  It was chambered in .22 Magnum and held 30 rounds.  I have no idea what the inside looked like, but the outside was shaped like a conventional hi-cap pistol mag.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You might want to buy a Vector Arms 22lr magazine conversion for the UZI SMG and see how thy did it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Has anyone done anything like this before or seen it done?  Are there any straight .22 mags out there with over 20rds capacity?

I used to have a Mountain Eagle .22 from Magnum Research.  It had 15- and 20-round straight mags.  Both types of magazine ran very well.  The mags were wider in the rear to accommodate the case rims.

You could try to find one of these mags (I think they have been discontinued for some time), or just buy a Vector .22 mag as Dave suggested.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:06:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all, I'll check out those mags.  If the factory 10-rounders didn't cost $25 each I'd epoxy three bodies together.  Might still do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top