Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2006 10:02:46 AM EDT
Will the reduction in mass cause cycling problems?  Has anyone tried?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Will the reduction in mass cause cycling problems?  Has anyone tried?

Thanks.

you'll have to do some work to get it to cycle correctly, but yeah, it can be done.

there is a picture thread of SBS's somewhere on this site. there are a few 11-87's.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
ot a bit but what about a 1100?
same thing?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you have to drill out (open up) the gas ports a little bit to make it cycle correctly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a shorty 1100 on page 5 and 6...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=198418

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
hello. yes it can be done. i just did one for a friend of mine . he did a form one on it. we cut down 2 barrels for it. one barrel is 10 inches and the other is 12 inches.
you have to open the gas ports. i just took a drill bit (.092) and drilled them out. he went and shot it. it worked perfectly on slugs and buckshot, but not game loads. so then i drilled them out to (1/8) size. now it functions on all types of loads.

if you are doing a form 1 remember to have your corporation or your name if is a police signature engraved on the receiver. he had his engraved, but now the handguard covers some of it so we have to modify the handguard. having it covered up is a big no-no. orion engraving in minnesota did his. 3 day turn around time for 35.00. thats a deal. kirk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top