Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2012 4:55:18 PM EDT
Where in the world can one buy live rockets for launchers, 40mm rounds (not training rounds), live grenades, mortar rockets, etc. Do any websites sell them? I have founds tons of launchers and rocket tubes but none of the explosives.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Try ATF.gov, ask for Eric.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Where in the world can one buy live rockets for launchers, 40mm rounds (not training rounds), live grenades, mortar rockets, etc. Do any websites sell them? I have founds tons of launchers and rocket tubes but none of the explosives.

Bill O'Reilly knows some people, ask him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
So does James Cameron, he has a Mk-19 for "Ranch Security".  It's nice to be rich.
All pigs are equal, but rich pigs are more equal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I rost
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
So no one has a serious answer?
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 3:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
AFAIK, live explosive ordnance for mortars, grenade launchers, and rocket launchers is not available legally to civilians.  I can't even find illumination rounds for my 60 mm mortar.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I rost

Me too!

OP:   Serious answer for you?  NO - YOU CANNOT!  Why are you asking anyway?
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I rost

Me too!

OP:   Serious answer for you?  NO - YOU CANNOT!  Why are you asking anyway?

Newish user and post count-do you really have to ask?
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#9]
This is probably the same guy that posted a backpage advert yesterday wanting to buy a cheap AR15 "the shorter the better, cash, I will never sell it".
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is probably the same guy that posted a backpage advert yesterday wanting to buy a cheap AR15 "the shorter the better, cash, I will never sell it".

Google turned up these Q.s posed by OP's posts, along with many XBox game references:

"Can an 18-20 Year old be a member of an NFA Trust?"

"theman838  [Member]5/3/2012 10:49:33 PM EDT Are there any AK builders who I could send a box of parts and have them build me a rifle for a nominal fee?
How much would this cost me?"

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#11]
in theory you can own all of that with the proper licenses but..... NO COMPANY wold sell it to you.  

all one needs is the correct ATF explosives licenses and storage bunkers (i looked into it, not that much) but no company will just sell you C4 or rockets just because you have the money and proper license.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard about some NFA forum doing a group buy of 40mm rounds a couple of years ago so I know it is possible to convince companies to sell explosives if you have the stamps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#13]
By the way, I am asking because I hope to someday get into DD collecting and want to occasionally fire the real stuff if I spend the money on a launcher , mortar, etc.

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Each round would require a tax stamp itself and you having a suitable ammunition storage bunker approved by the appropriate folks.  Thats after finding a company willing to sell to an individual.   Good luck with that.

the most entertainment you would get with a 40mm is flare and smoke, and chalk rounds.

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Each round would require a tax stamp itself and you having a suitable ammunition storage bunker approved by the appropriate folks. .

the most entertainment you would get with a 40mm is flare and smoke, and chalk rounds.

I know. I still want an answer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I've heard of guys getting together and buying a cpl hundred rounds of HE for their 203 on some sort of demo at the manufacturers site.

I think a minimum order On munitions might be out of your price range if you consider the launcher entry price expensive.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]
If you are serious you could look into getting all the "stamps" (licensing) and manufacture your own rounds legally.

Now this is just the info I have found from research on the subject, but look into it yourself. and stay legal. If  you talk about breaking the law you will get banned.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#18]
In all actuality, 1/4 oz of explosive material is ample to make some decent rounds, especially in 40mm.  No tax stamp needed.  Consider this, a typical 12ga birdshot shotshell is loaded with somewhat less than 20gr of smokeless propellant (which deflagrates or burns).  You have up to just over 5 TIMES that weight to use, and you can make use of blackpowder which detonates (at ~1312ft/s).  You could make some decent antipersonnel rounds out of a charge even that small.  However, that assumes storage and transportation regulations, laws, ordinances, etc. are followed.  Stay smart, stay safe, stay LEGAL.  Knowledge is power, know your laws.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#19]
At $200 stamp per round, PLUS the cost of the round itself, and the other little things that go along with storing explosives I don't know if I could bring myself to fire one unless I was a billionaire.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
At $200 stamp per round, PLUS the cost of the round itself, and the other little things that go along with storing explosives I don't know if I could bring myself to fire one unless I was a billionaire.

Well, for the sake of argument, I've thought about Form 1-ing a hand grenade or land mine.  I'd store it unloaded, but with binary explosives nearby.  Loading a piece of ordnance like a hand grenade (Don't get any ideas about loading shock-sensitive binary explosives inside projectiles, BAD IDEA) could take place in as few as a couple minutes.  I want a handgrenade just so I can own a legal handgrenade, same goes with a landmine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#22]
http://www.longmountain.com/

Check with these cats, two years ago at the Shot show they said something like $240 per m203 round.

I think I may have the guys card still, I'll look.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#23]
It's not just about money.
It is fun until you launch one downrange and it doesn't go bang.  
Then you have to deal with the unexploded ordinance.
Unless you have the training or know someone who does then explosives are way over most people's heads.
You can't just walk away and leave it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Unless you have the training or know someone who does then explosives are way over most people's heads.

................................ I know this isn't GD, but I couldn't resist!

Link Posted: 8/14/2012 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Standoff Munitions Disruption (SMUD): In short, just shoot the damned thing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Even if you have a decent plot of land and you build an ATF approved bunker, get the appropriate licenses, and play by the ATF's extensive list of rules, no company will sell ordnance to a civilian. Even if you found a company who would, their liability insurance would not allow it. Its very bad for business if a civiilan (who only buys a couple bucks worth of anything, remember, they sell to the USG by the truck load) does something stupid and lands them on the evening news.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Your joking right !

Link Posted: 8/16/2012 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Your joking right !

about what?

also what Jeremy said is 100% right, the company making them would never sell them to you.  unless you start a multimillion dollar company to "develop" a 40mm launcher or something.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, for the sake of argument, I've thought about Form 1-ing a hand grenade or land mine.  I'd store it unloaded, but with binary explosives nearby.  Loading a piece of ordnance like a hand grenade (Don't get any ideas about loading shock-sensitive binary explosives inside projectiles, BAD IDEA) could take place in as few as a couple minutes.  I want a handgrenade just so I can own a legal handgrenade, same goes with a landmine.

I never thought of it like that, THAT would be pretty damn cool!
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never thought of it like that, THAT would be pretty damn cool!

I have some tentative designs for a modular hand grenade/land mine design that retains a common core for licensing and serial numbering and swaps out supporting parts and fuzes.  That is quite low on my to-do list but it will happen eventually.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ordinance would apply to you....Ordnance

Link Posted: 8/23/2012 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Go EOD, then become an Army Civilian in Explosives Research & Devlopment.

You never have to buy a round, and get to shoot & blow stuff up to your hearts content, AND GET PAID to do it!

I love my job!

~Will
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You never have to buy a round, and get to shoot & blow stuff up to your hearts content, AND GET PAID to do it!

I love my job!

~Will

THIS.

You lucky duck!

Also, not to blow my own horn, but keep your eyes on Gunbroker for some 40mm items, if that is what you are looking for... Also, there have been many M433 HEDP bodies with complete fuzes on there lately. With an approved Form 1, and explosives making knowledge, you could activate a few. Be extremely costly though... GROG
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Not sure about the land mines or hand grenades but I am a civilian and have the proper licensing and storage and can buyin any explosive made unless it is specifically limited to only military. This includes C4 and Semtex.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.deviantart.com/download/280760243/keep_calm_and_poke_it_with_a_stick_by_rakash0500-d4n5nzn.jpg

Holy shit, best laugh I had all day.

................................ I know this isn't GD, but I couldn't resist!

Holy shit, best laugh I had all day.

Link Posted: 9/6/2012 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my job!

~Will

THIS.

You lucky duck!

Also, not to blow my own horn, but keep your eyes on Gunbroker for some 40mm items, if that is what you are looking for... Also, there have been many M433 HEDP bodies with complete fuzes on there lately. With an approved Form 1, and explosives making knowledge, you could activate a few. Be extremely costly though... GROG

Just realized that I won two of your auctions a few days ago.  I haven't been buying much 40mm stuff but those thermobaric rounds looked cool and were too hard to pass up.  I'm tfb5701 on gunbroker
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Cool, you will like them. I've had a few well known collectors of 40mm contact me about making some for them privately. I plan on putting up some nice rocket assist replicas for sale shortly... I am waiting on some documentation from a few sources to make sure I have all the specs on them right before I release a few. GROG
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Cool, you will like them. I've had a few well known collectors of 40mm contact me about making some for them privately. I plan on putting up some nice rocket assist replicas for sale shortly... I am waiting on some documentation from a few sources to make sure I have all the specs on them right before I release a few. GROG

Great.  I usually keep a lookout for things in the "large bore, cannon, inert" section of gunbroker but if/when you do list some more things, send me a PM on here and let me know so I can check them out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#40]
A few google searches should turn stuff up for you. I

For the heck of it I did it a few months ago and found a few companies that would sell RPG rounds, grenades, ect to private individuals. You were looking at $100-$200 a round for grenades and upwards of $800 for a RPG round, excluding the stamp.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

For the heck of it I did it a few months ago and found a few companies that would sell RPG rounds, grenades, ect to private individuals. You were looking at $100-$200 a round for grenades and upwards of $800 for a RPG round, excluding the stamp.

WHERE!!!  must know more!!  i've done some googling a while ago and never found that
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHERE!!!  must know more!!  i've done some googling a while ago and never found that

I'm interested as well
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm sure you could find them if you put a WTB ad on Sturm or subguns.

The big (huge) problem with them is:
You need an ATF approved explosives storage magazine for them.
Transportation rules are a major deal too.

Not worth the hassle IMHO, unless you already have an explosives company and are well versed in that kind of thing.

ETA: I know it is (or was) possible, I knew a guy who had a huuuuge Title 2 collection with all kinds of weird & cool stuff (even had a Deer gun in the styro drop box, very rare, his collection had to be worth millions even back in those days) about 20ish years ago, and he had a stamped hand grenade. Haven't talked to him in many years, but if I ever do, I'll ask him.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont EOD's use the Barrett for that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sometimes but there is more to it than that.  we were told never to try that because EOD knows where to shoot the said item so it goes off or destroys it completely.  so the story goes some guys tried that with a rocket of some type, ended up lighting the rocket motor and it went all over till it burned out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sometimes but there is more to it than that.  we were told never to try that because EOD knows where to shoot the said item so it goes off or destroys it completely.  so the story goes some guys tried that with a rocket of some type, ended up lighting the rocket motor and it went all over till it burned out.

+1  It was said in jest.  Do NOT under any circumstances attempt to deal with UXO sans EOD by attempting a SMUD.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Can you buy ied's anywhere on line?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:28:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Online IEDs
Yes. Yes you can.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Online IEDs
Yes. Yes you can.

Sorry but 90% of us here cannot buy from this company, they only sell to LE and Military. This is the same with every other company that produces EOD/UXO training devices.

The beauty of IEDs is that they are improvised, so folks just build them out of whatever, though the pictures on that website do give lots of interesting ideas on where to conceal/employ them (inside a chunk of concrete curb, behind highway guard rails, etc).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top