Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2012 12:25:31 AM EDT
just got this in the other day and had to test it out as soon as i got home.  not very cool looking vid as my tracers aren't here yet but this is a very fun.  

don't have anywhere to really shoot so i just shot it off into the ground about 10ft away.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Randy sells the hell out of those things.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 12:47:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 12:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Randy sells the hell out of those things.

Is he mfg them?

Looking at the picture, that one doesn't look like his design.  His he called "the beehive" and it had 18 individually rifled barrels, so you were basically firing 18 .22LR pistols all at once.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 1:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
this one is a smooth bore and Randy sells 9 shot ones.  i emailed him about the ones with more than 9 rounds and he said those aren't his.  

the rounds didn't have more than a 3 inch spread at the close a range in the video.  i could have covered the impact area with my fist so it's like a shot gun on PCP, crack and angel dust hahah
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 1:54:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 2:18:19 AM EDT
[#6]
ok well i just googled XM1822 and found the ones randy makes....  i don't remember seeing those a few weeks ago, dammit and i paid more than $335 for this one

the guy i got it from said he had 2 and it was done before Randy made his 22 adapters.  the only markings on this is a "17" etched into it with a hand engraver, one on the body and one on the back cap.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 2:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Who is Randy and where do you find something like this?
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Randy Shivak aka Mr40mm.com
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
this one is a smooth bore and Randy sells 9 shot ones.  i emailed him about the ones with more than 9 rounds and he said those aren't his.  

the rounds didn't have more than a 3 inch spread at the close a range in the video.  i could have covered the impact area with my fist so it's like a shot gun on PCP, crack and angel dust hahah

I know he had a 18 shot one many many years ago. Maybe he's stopped making them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#10]
He has 18 shot ones on his site.  I asked him about a 20 shot and that's what he said he has never made.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If this is a smooth bore then it's from Randy Shivak. He's the only one that I'm aware of that made an 18 shot without rifling. That picture from the rear is exactly what my adapter looks like although my adapter is red. Any chance you could show what the firing pin apparatus looks like? That thing is wicked with tracers. If you can, fire into something like 3/4" plywood. Because the bullets don't stabilize due to lack of rifling, they will tumble and stick into the plywood and burn for a second or so. Fire a mix of red & green tracer for a real cool effect.
A word of caution. Although this has never happened to me, I've heard of several people who have broken the firing pin apparatus when loading the adapter entirely with .22 high velocity rounds. If you purchase the adapter directly from Randy, he includes a warning note stating this. In fact, it may say to not load any .22 high velocity rounds period. I can't exactly remember as I've long misplaced this note. I usually load half high velocity and half standard velocity, alternating the rounds in the loading pattern. With the tracers, I've never loaded more than 12 at a time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm getting a couple of those when I can finally convince the wife I need a 40mm.  

In the mean time, I've also got my eyes on this

From Reloadableshells.com
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#13]
damn I want one or maybe 10 of those.

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Posting from iPhone....  iFail
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Tried it out with some piney mountain green and red tracer.  The red didn't seem as bright as I thought it would be but the green did look pretty cool.  I think it doesn't trace as bright from the adapter than a rifle barrel due to the smooth bore and less friction, fired some out of my Rem 597 and they seemed better.  
iPhone video a friend took of me, looked much better in person.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Cool, did you enjoy the recoil?

My suggestion is to actuate the trigger with your left hand while keeping the right hand on pistol grip in case something goes "boom" causing the launcher to explode.  Better safe than sorry...

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Wasnt much recoil, just jumped a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top