Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2009 7:56:59 PM EDT
Is there a 37 mm m-79 commercially availible?

Its something I have always wanted the bloop gun.

Any pics of 79's that are owned by members?

Thanks,

SRH
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Randy Shivak makes new M79 receivers and therefore do not need to be classified as a DD on a form one.  He also makes both 40mm barrels and 37mm barrels for his receivers.  If you get the 40mm barrel you will need to DD it on a Form1.  If you get the 37mm barrel you don't, however you will be restricted to flares, smoke and gas only.  If you want to fire any round which are classified as AP like stingers, flaschettes, baton rounds, etc you will still need to DD it.  You will also need to get a complete original M79 parts kit to finish your project.

I believe but don't remember for sure his receivers cost $700 and his barrels are also $700.  I have seen parts kits listed on Gun Broker for $600 in the past.  $1,300 or $1,400 is certainly cheaper then $5,500 or $6,500 for a real M79.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
this is pretty close to an M79 in appearance.
http://www.batesmfg.com/flare_launcher.htm
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Randy Shivak makes new M79 receivers and therefore do not need to be classified as a DD on a form one.  He also makes both 40mm barrels and 37mm barrels for his receivers.  If you get the 40mm barrel you will need to DD it on a Form1.  If you get the 37mm barrel you don't, however you will be restricted to flares, smoke and gas only.  If you want to fire any round which are classified as AP like stingers, flaschettes, baton rounds, etc you will still need to DD it.  You will also need to get a complete original M79 parts kit to finish your project.

I believe but don't remember for sure his receivers cost $700 and his barrels are also $700.  I have seen parts kits listed on Gun Broker for $600 in the past.  $1,300 or $1,400 is certainly cheaper then $5,500 or $6,500 for a real M79.

MadDog

Think again, Mr. 40mm wants $3500 for a STRIPPED cast M-79 receiver, $600 for the BBL, and even if we go with your $600 figure for the parts kits, that's $4700 plus tax stamp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top