Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2018 9:24:46 AM EDT
I'm looking for reviews on this company and products. I'm looking at the ark neo suppressor, by can not find much reviews on any of there products.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I did not see your thread when I posted mine. They have some pretty bold claims. Would like to see some independent non-bias reviews first.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Aren’t these guys the ones that had a run of failed tubes due to engraving a few years back?

Surely they have those issues ironed out but I’ll hold off on purchasing for now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a thread about crappy customer service a month or so ago
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots better choices out there. Why go with an unknown? Especially in this market.

Lack of reviews/ information is a clue.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
So many good options these days? Why take a chance with these guys?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, hopefully their QC is better now than when they were Templar...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_3301_JPG-491233.jpg

They had an issue with engraving that was too deep or something and the tubes would split IIRC.
View Quote
Yeah, no thanks when it's such a buyer's market with proven players who back their products.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting that Silencer Shop is selling them. SS is putting their customer service behind those cans, there must have been some improvements or change in leadership because that could be costly for SS if they still have QC issues.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, hopefully their QC is better now than when they were Templar...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_3301_JPG-491233.jpg

They had an issue with engraving that was too deep or something and the tubes would split IIRC.
View Quote
How deep was it engraved to make it that weak?
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Interesting that Silencer Shop is selling them. SS is putting their customer service behind those cans, there must have been some improvements or change in leadership because that could be costly for SS if they still have QC issues.
View Quote
My Crux suppressor was fine until a piece broke off the blast baffle. Sent it in for warranty repair 4 months ago. Now I can't get anyone to call back or answer my emails. Nothing.

I even emailed Silencer Shop and notified them. Nothing. No response from anybody.

Curtis, the owner of Crux, if you are reading this get off your ass and send me my can back.

I'm running out of options.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I guess the no’s have it
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My Crux suppressor was fine until a piece broke off the blast baffle. Sent it in for warranty repair 4 months ago. Now I can't get anyone to call back or answer my emails. Nothing.

I even emailed Silencer Shop and notified them. Nothing. No response from anybody.

Curtis, the owner of Crux, if you are reading this get off your ass and send me my can back.

View Quote
ATF?
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I have to admit that I knew about the CS issues this company had, but I went ahead and purchased an Archangel 338 from SS for a 338 NM build.  I hope I don't have the opportunity to find out first hand what the CS is like from them. So wish me luck... Most companies fudge decibel numbers I think. I've watched the videos they made, as well as other videos on Youtube, specifically the 338 archangel. I know you cant gauge sound from a Youtube video, but it sounded okay to me.  Thunderbeast has priced themselves out of the range of a lot of people, AAC as well with the Titan QD. I was also Looking at the SAS w/TOMB, but the Crux was only 1095 at SS so I took a chance... we shall see...
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, I have to admit that I knew about the CS issues this company had, but I went ahead and purchased an Archangel 338 from SS for a 338 NM build.  I hope I don't have the opportunity to find out first hand what the CS is like from them. So wish me luck... Most companies fudge decibel numbers I think. I've watched the videos they made, as well as other videos on Youtube, specifically the 338 archangel. I know you cant gauge sound from a Youtube video, but it sounded okay to me.  Thunderbeast has priced themselves out of the range of a lot of people, AAC as well with the Titan QD. I was also Looking at the SAS w/TOMB, but the Crux was only 1095 at SS so I took a chance... we shall see...
View Quote
Are the Griffin offerings or the Harvester .338 serious contenders? They seek reasonably priced compared to other .338 options...
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
For $60 more you could have went with a SIG SRD338TIQD.  A proven can from a reputable manufacturer that isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

Or for $100 less the Griffin can which is also proven and a manufacturer that stands behind their products.

You made a helluva $1100 bet. And if you win? Best case? The performance will still be beneath both of these cans.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Was your purchase covered by the Silencer Shop guarantee? It would be on the right side of the Foem 4 in box 3a.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
For .338? Seriously, there is the Sig and the Hybrid.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Was your purchase covered by the Silencer Shop guarantee? It would be on the right side of the Foem 4 in box 3a.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. I bought it years ago on a group buy. It was only $600. Glad I didn't spend more.

I own cans from SAS, AAC, Griffin, SilencerCo, and Liberty. I've used everyone of their warranty's. All have been fantastic.

Why risk a purchase on crappy service? Never again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

For $60 more you could have went with a SIG SRD338TIQD.  A proven can from a reputable manufacturer that isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Or for $100 less the Griffin can which is also proven and a manufacturer that stands behind their products.

You made a helluva $1100 bet. And if you win? Best case? The performance will still be beneath both of these cans.
View Quote
I didn't go with the SIG because of the brake design when not using the suppressor, I did research them, even found one local for $875, but did not see a lot of info for the 338 specific. I didn't want the Griffin because I didn't want a 338 suppressor with aluminum parts in it.  You may not think them reasonable reasons, but they are mine and good enough for me. Also please point me to your data about performance, would like to see that myself.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How deep was it engraved to make it that weak?
View Quote
The problem I think was more with titanium embrittlement with some cans.

I think mine was possibly a group buy, bought from someone NIB on consignment.  I had it crack with a low round count.  It went back, was fixed, and cerakoated in a much darker brown.  Took a month to get back.

If they go tits up that would suck. 2013 seemed like a million years ago and I remember taking the chance over cans like the Gemtech GMT300BLK and SDN6.

Today, like most have said, there is much better competition and other options.  The Archangel and TBAC Ultra seem close, with the Archangel being much older.

Edit:. I realized I will always wear plugs so a shorter can would be preferred over outright quietness.  Something like the Omega 30 sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I didn't go with the SIG because of the brake design when not using the suppressor, I did research them, even found one local for $875, but did not see a lot of info for the 338 specific. I didn't want the Griffin because I didn't want a 338 suppressor with aluminum parts in it.  You may not think them reasonable reasons, but they are mine and good enough for me. Also please point me to your data about performance, would like to see that myself.
View Quote
Since very few shooters actually own Crux cans and can provide accurate meter data you’re right- it’s not out there. All you have to go on is manufacturers who are all using numbers as marketing data.

I can tell you based upon their measurements the SIG can does have approximately 57% more volume than the Crux. 25.26 cubic inches versus 16.35 on the Crux. While not accounting for the void for the muzzle device (even then the nod goes to the SIG for shorter MB) this discrepancy in volume is significant. Oldest rule of thumb in cans - More volume= more quiet. (This is all hoping my high school math teacher made an impact in my life regarding calculating volume of a cylinder)

But like you said. Your money, your choice. It’s just not the one I would make short of hearing both in person on the same hosts at the same time and the Crux coming out on top. If all we have to go on are measurements and numbers and reviews then the facts speak for themselves.

Add to those facts that one dude (ptaylor) from the other thread sent his can in for warranty service 4 months ago and no one will even answer his calls or emails and the choice is clear.

Put more simply- if they were as shit hot as some claim then there would be more exposure out there.  But there isn’t.

Best of luck. Hope it works well for you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Hard pass.  Too many other known players in this market.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Disclaimer:  this post is opinion, and anecdotal; please keep this in mind when reading.

Background:  I live in Texas.  I've been using silencers for a while.  I'm an engineer.  I know how silencers/materials/blast effects/etc work.

Statement:  Was at local SOT doing a conjugal visit (inspecting) some cans for which I'm waiting on Form 4 approval.  Was shooting the shit with the SOT, wanted to build rapport, you know - gun store stuff.  He shows me a brochure from Crux.  Makes very bold claims.  Tells me how impressed he was with their performance.  Tells me how they are out of the Houston area, have experience in aerospace.  I ask him if they are former JSC (Johnson Space Center) guys or something.  He says he thinks so.  I say "hmm, interesting. I'll wait."

The best case scenario I thought of is that they are real engineers getting into the market and doing good things (real engineers are extremely rare in this industry; there are A LOT of people with access to machining tools that just use "rules of thumb" when designing silencers.  A lot.  Like, more than you would think.  Like, WAY more than you would think.  Like, big companies.)

The worst case scenario is that they aren't real engineers and they think lightweight materials are cool cause aerospace companies use them.

I speculate that the answer is in between my best case and worst case.

Like I told the SOT.....  I'll wait.

Oh, also, SilencerShop?  Those guys are salesman/businessmen.  They sell products.  They aren't engineers/designers/technical in any way, shape, or form.  So you need to know that going in.  I would not give any credence to them carrying an item being indicative of the item's quality, performance, or capabilities.  They know as much as they believe they know.

That said, I still like them, because they make NFA bureaucracy easier to deal with for me, the end user.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#25]
The Sig is just a much better option regardless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top