Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 3:39:59 PM EDT
Went to an ASA demo day in Charlotte, meet up with @BigWaylon while there.  It was cool meeting with some of the guys from the industry.

Dead Air, Gemtech, SilencerCo, Yankee Hill, Rugged, and Sig was there with plenty of demos to try.  Spent most of the time with Mike Pappas from Dead Air in the range.  I tried to see if Rugged could pull some strings to get my Oculus out of jail faster lol.

Gemtech has some couple cool cans with a wipe and gel 9mm can, said it would reduce to 134 for about 15 rounds,  would be perfect for a nightstand gun, and a pill bottle can for a 22 that was under an inch.

The Sandman short didn't ring my ears while about 4ft to the left of it being fired from a 308 AR10.

So many options out there.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good time.

I look forward to being able to make a demo day of any kind.

I have a sandman s. I LOVE it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely a good time. Never gonna complain about being able to talk shop with Pappas.
View Quote
Yeah, that was really cool. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope I talked to both you.  Next time you'll have to wear user names or something.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hope I talked to both you.  Next time you'll have to wear user names or something.
View Quote
Which group was you with?  I talked to everyone for a bit. I was there a half hour before BigWaylon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#6]
@ikickhippies

i think we talked about suppressed bolt carrier groups.

I mentioned the problems with suppressing AR15s is the pop from the BCG venting gasses. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah yes. I remember that. I forgot my sample on my desk. Wish i would have had one. I loaned out my complete one to an AR15.com member for him to try out and he refuses to return it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ah yes. I remember that. I forgot my sample on my desk. Wish i would have had one. I loaned out my complete one to an AR15.com member for him to try out and he refuses to return it.
View Quote

That sucks, glad y'all made it up.  When's the next event?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That sucks, glad y'all made it up.  When's the next event?
View Quote
I just go where they tell me, brotha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top