Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 11:40:15 PM EDT
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Rugged Suppressors Quick Detach mount 2 port muzzle brake with their flash hider for muzzle rise? I'm patiently waiting on my ATF permission slip for a Surge and am trying to stockpile mounts in the meantime. I've got two rifles that are mostly used in run/gun type shooting, but for the sake of being able to run the surge, and possibly a razor down the road, on all my rifles, I'm trying to outfit everything with mounts. I'm currently running a VG6 Epsilon with a totally flat muzzle when firing and am hoping to hear some user experiences with these mounts to pick the mount that gets me closest to that shooting experience.

TLDR: How effective are the Rugged Suppressors 2-port 556 muzzle brake and flash hider at minimizing muzzle rise, and is one markedly better than the other?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:30:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the 5.56 2 port brake and flash hider.  For muzzle control the brake would definitely be the better option.  I haven't had the 5.56 brake that long so I haven't shoot it a lot.  But I've shot the 7.62 brake plenty of times.  The brake does a good job at keeping the muzzle flat on my 9 inch 300blk sbr.  The white lube on the brake is a high temp anti-seize.  It cleans up easier than regular aluminum or copper anti-seize.    

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Having used the 3 port 7.62 Muzzle Brake and 7.62 Flash Hider on both a 9" 300Blk MCX and a 18" AR-10 I can confirm the Muzzle brake does do better for muzzle rise, I often prefer the MB anyhow to act as a sacrificial first baffle. On 5.56 I've only tried the newer 3-port 5.56 muzzle brake, and it seems no different in rise than the PWS FSC556 it replaced.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!! Looks like muzzle brakes are shifting into the cart. Thanks for the input everyone!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top