Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 9:07:05 PM EDT
In my quest to find a rimfire suppressor I have been researching just about every rimfire suppressor SS offers for sale. I am looking for a suppressor that is made from stainless steel or titanium (don't want aluminum anywhere), and has a sealed baffle stack to prevent crud from building up on the tube.

I looked at the Vapor and it's all titanium (sealed baffle stack) and overall the machining looks great. I was able to find a couple reviews and a couple videos on it, but haven't really found much information. Their website is broken and has no information on the Vapor or their warranty which makes me cautious to purchase one. The price is really good for a full titanium can. Does anyone here have any experience with it? I do believe it's a newer model so there's a chance many haven't made it out due to the backlog.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two buddies who each have a Vapor waiting on F4.    Doubt there are many of them out in the wild yet.    You should start seeing more info as they are released from NFA jail.

Should be a nice can.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If you've searched online, you probably already saw this:

https://modernrifleman.net/2016/03/10/silencer-shop-authority-mack-brothers-vapor-review/

It's a very nice suppressor that puts up a strong showing in a crowded category.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested in the Vapor as I like the full Ti construction but I recently went with the Q El Camino. The weight is on part with the Vapor at a hair over 4 oz which is pretty amazing given its length and despite having SS baffles. I also like the contained mount/rear cap. All early accounts indicate it's a strong performer and its a Brittingham design which gives me a lot of confidence.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested in the Vapor as I like the full Ti construction but I recently went with the Q El Camino. The weight is on part with the Vapor at a hair over 4 oz which is pretty amazing given its length and despite having SS baffles. I also like the contained mount/rear cap. All early accounts indicate it's a strong performer and its a Brittingham design which gives me a lot of confidence.
View Quote

The Vapor is very nice, but you won't regret your decision. The El Camino is phenomenal.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you've searched online, you probably already saw this:

https://modernrifleman.net/2016/03/10/silencer-shop-authority-mack-brothers-vapor-review/

It's a very nice suppressor that puts up a strong showing in a crowded category.
View Quote

So far your review, one from TTAG (was more of a round up), and a youtube video I found are the only things I have found regarding the Vapor. I was actually going to email you and ask for more opinion on the Vapor. I wish Mack Brothers would update their website and also post their warranty info there. I am sure there will be more info once they start to get released from NFA jail since they are a newer can.

I researched a bunch of rimfire suppressors and gave a very hard look at the Q El Camino among others. I ultimately decided to go with the Vapor because it's a full Ti can and the price was $335. Seems like a great deal for a Ti can compared to the Q and others through my SS powered dealer. I did not like the purple-ish PVD finish on the El Camino (maybe it's different in person?) and I also didn't like the stepped down profile of the tube which is what ultimately turned me away from it.

I will post a review on the Vapor here in 9-10 months....if I can remember.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Vapor is very nice, but you won't regret your decision. The El Camino is phenomenal.
View Quote

Happy to hear. Looking forward to it.

OP, I think your Vapor choice is solid. All Ti construction is sweet!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OP, I think your Vapor choice is solid. All Ti construction is sweet!
View Quote

I had a hard time deciding but the ultimate deciding factor was the all Ti construction. The price was great as well compared to others. From what I have read/found about it, it looks to be a very quality suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#8]
In case anyone was wondering about the warranty, I called and spoke to someone there today and the warranty is lifetime for defect/workmanship (seems standard in the industry). The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable and was in no hurry to get me off the phone. We had a good discussion about the HPA, 41F, etc. Really seems like they are a stand up company who stands behind their products, which is important for such a purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top