Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 7:33:38 PM EDT
So I primarily shoot rimfire and rifle cans. I want to get my first pistol suppressor but i'm in a bit of a pickle. I have a MK23 but the rest of my pistols I would suppress would be 9mm. Is there anything that has a modular endcap to deal with the thread differences or am I just going to have to break down and just get a can specific for the MK23?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pistons are interchangeable for different thread patterns.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I use my Octane 45 with 9mm and .45, including a Mk23, with the appropriate pistons (13.5x1mm LH for 9mm and 16x1mm LH/RH for .45). It works fine for both calibers and I didn't bother getting a 9mm end cap. Other 45 cans will work fine, too, there's nothing unique about the Octane in this regard but the 16x1mm Right Hand for the Mk23 is somewhat unusual so other manufacturers may not have a piston available. Typically .45 is 16x1mm Left Hand thread. Easy to check ahead of time before you buy can.

I also just got a TiRant 9mm approved and it is noticeably quieter on 9mm pistols than the Octane 45. You will probably end up getting caliber-specific cans eventually anyway, the addiction has no known cure.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I would go with a Dead Air Ghost if I were buying a first pistol can now.  I went with a Revo45 and then bought the KAC can when I aqcuired my Mark 23.  You really should get the KAC can though, it sounds better than my Revo45 (backpressure makes it louder for shooter, the Octane has similiar baffles/issues) and it is the only can that looks right on the Mark 23.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would go with a Dead Air Ghost if I were buying a first pistol can now.  I went with a Revo45 and then bought the KAC can when I aqcuired my Mark 23.  You really should get the KAC can though, it sounds better than my Revo45 (backpressure makes it louder for shooter, the Octane has similiar baffles/issues) and it is the only can that looks right on the Mark 23.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/freeride12/Mobile%20Uploads/image_8.jpg

Is that a Beretta 71 with a Spectre II on it? If so I have that exact setup lol.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Came here to post "Octane 45" - not a ton of experience but it seems to be running fine on my Mk23.  M16x1RH is the specific piston - or you could go to HKParts and get a different threaded barrel for $300-ish....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top