Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 7:39:29 AM EDT
I just got my first can, an Osprey 45.  I also purchased the 1/2x28 extended piston for use with the Beretta.  Looking at the SilencerCo specs for threading, it looks like there's not enough of the barrel out past the slide.  What are my options, or can I pick up any threaded 92fs barrel and be fine?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Gemtech threaded barrel for my 92A1 and Ryder Ti, rather than thread the factory barrel.  I'm happy with it.  It's quite a bit longer than the factory barrel.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Another +1 for the Gemtech barrel, it works well with the Osprey 45.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a Gemtech threaded barrel for my 92A1 and Ryder Ti, rather than thread the factory barrel.  I'm happy with it.  It's quite a bit longer than the factory barrel.
View Quote

Interesting - does anyone else make extended 92 barrels?  In a perfect world I'd get one threaded M13.5x1LH....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does the length negate the need for the xl piston?  I hope not as I already bought the piston.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just got my first can, an Osprey 45.  I also purchased the 1/2x28 extended piston for use with the Beretta.  Looking at the SilencerCo specs for threading, it looks like there's not enough of the barrel out past the slide.  What are my options, or can I pick up any threaded 92fs barrel and be fine?
View Quote

It won't match SilencerCo's specs, but there is nothing wrong with simply threading the factory Beretta barrel. That's the route I went with mine and I use my Octane frequently with no problem. The most important part is that you have a shoulder to snug against. I had ADCO do the work.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Interesting - does anyone else make extended 92 barrels?  In a perfect world I'd get one threaded M13.5x1LH....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is one of Gemtech's recommended suppliers for barrels.

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It won't match SilencerCo's specs, but there is nothing wrong with simply threading the factory Beretta barrel. That's the route I went with mine and I use my Octane frequently with no problem. The most important part is that you have a shoulder to snug against. I had ADCO do the work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  The only thing that has come up with the osprey, not sure if the octane has the same, is the suppressor hits the guide rod before the gun unlocks all the way.  They made an extended piston for this reason.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks.  The only thing that has come up with the osprey, not sure if the octane has the same, is the suppressor hits the guide rod before the gun unlocks all the way.  They made an extended piston for this reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that, but you said you've got the extended one so I believe you'll be okay.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I used the factory barrel and have had no problems.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a threaded/standard length barrel and have an extended piston and it works fine. I also use the same piston with my xdm 9mm barrel.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure what you're looking at but silencerco has thread specs specifically for the beretta. https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silencerco/support/thread-specs/Silencerco-Thread-Specs-1-2-x-28XL.pdf

Unless maybe you have a Wilson combat? Those barrels are shorter.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  I also found Jarvis has extended and both he and EFK will thread M13.5x1LH!
http://www.jarvis-custom.com/shop/beretta-pistol-barrels/

Now I'm just struggling with spending $300+ on a barrel (and locking block) for a <$400 gun....  (Jarvis is blued, EFK is stainless +$50 to coat it black)

ETA: Any experiences here with either EFK Firedragon or Jarvis?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top