Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 2:05:34 PM EDT
Im looking for a final suppressor to order before 41P.

It's going on a MPX SBR.

Currently the MPX is running a Osprey 45 with the XL thread adapter. Works and functions great. But, I would like a shorter 9mm specific suppressor that I will just leave on the gun permanently.

Hopefully the OD will fit inside the hand guard as the barrel is very slightly recessed. Also full auto rated and quiet as the Osprey 45, which is very quiet.

What are some good options that are currently available?

Thanks  
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You'd be wise to take a look at the Omega 9k.  Pretty much built for what you are doing.  I'm having a really hard time not buying one myself for MP5 and 300 blackout duty....
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
omega 9K. it is stupid sexy and I doubt any person that says the 2 were not made for each other.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Im looking for a final suppressor to order before 41P.

It's going on a MPX SBR.

Currently the MPX is running a Osprey 45 with the XL thread adapter. Works and functions great. But, I would like a shorter 9mm specific suppressor that I will just leave on the gun permanently.

Hopefully the OD will fit inside the hand guard as the barrel is very slightly recessed. Also full auto rated and quiet as the Osprey 45, which is very quiet.

What are some good options that are currently available?

Thanks  
View Quote

With 41p looming, the words "currently available" and pistol suppressors don't go together.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Omega 9K and Griffin Revolution 9 are the two I would buy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The Omega 9K is very good looking and available.

The 131db rating seems a little high. How is it in actual use?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Everyone I've talked to has said the Omega 9k is awesome on 9mm carbines, MP5's and such.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

High compared to...?

It's a micro can, after all. That's why I threw in the recommendation for the Revolution 9 - you want short and quiet. You don't get short and quiet, you either get short and "quiet enough" or quiet and "short enough." I think you might want a modular can so you can try it both ways and set it up for the one you prefer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
TiRant 9s.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What he said...

Short and quiet are the same as cheap and high quality. Typically not possible.

Small can = Small sound reduction. laws of physics.

OP, try before you buy as the "rated" reductions might not be exactly what you are looking for in regards to how it sounds to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

High compared to...?

It's a micro can, after all. That's why I threw in the recommendation for the Revolution 9 - you want short and quiet. You don't get short and quiet, you either get short and "quiet enough" or quiet and "short enough." I think you might want a modular can so you can try it both ways and set it up for the one you prefer.

What he said...

Short and quiet are the same as cheap and high quality. Typically not possible.

Small can = Small sound reduction. laws of physics.

OP, try before you buy as the "rated" reductions might not be exactly what you are looking for in regards to how it sounds to you.

The Osprey 45 on the MPX now is rated at 125 db.

However, I know there are trade offs to a small can.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Omega 9k specifically for my MPX.  I also have a GHOST-M as another option/backup for the Omega.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought an Omega 9K w/3 lug for my B&T APC9.  I bought a second one for handgun use.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
TiRant 9s.
View Quote

I came here to post this

except they really aren't that available.  I ain't selling mine, that's for sure.  I'm not sure anyone would want it anyway, it has a bit of my skin permanently melted to it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I came here to post this

except they really aren't that available.  I ain't selling mine, that's for sure.  I'm not sure anyone would want it anyway, it has a bit of my skin permanently melted to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

TiRant 9s.
I came here to post this

+1
OP I know of one in NOVA for $575 new.  PM if you want details.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

"mpallet" had an interesting comment regarding Omega 9k:  http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136611&sid=2e4749184749c676d884d12d0d94a1aa
View Quote

I'm really interested in the 9K but I feel as if it is grossly overpriced. I'll reserve full judgement until I get a chance to shoot one but I just can't it being a niche can and cost be $1000 with stamp.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm really interested in the 9K but I feel as if it is grossly overpriced. I'll reserve full judgement until I get a chance to shoot one but I just can't it being a niche can and cost be $1000 with stamp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"mpallet" had an interesting comment regarding Omega 9k:  http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136611&sid=2e4749184749c676d884d12d0d94a1aa

Agreed. $550 seems more in line with subgun cans on the market
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a Gemtech GM45 due to cost under $500 I planned on a Octane K but I bought on cost and wanted another Gemtech such is life.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking. I'd be all over one if that was the case. But at it's current price I rather go with something like the Obsidian and have some flexibility.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for all the great advice guys.

I bough a 9K from Hanshon Brothers.

I will shoot with the Osprey 45 for now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top