Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2016 9:55:29 PM EDT
About a month ago I bought a griffin armament rev9 from silencer shop. They still don't have any but they told me when I bought it they would have one for me before the end of the month.

They have my money. Am I out of line to ask them to put my monies toward an instock product instead? I'm thinking of a tirant 45, but it doesn't really matter; they couldn't produce when they said they could.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Call them and get the Ti-Rant 45, it's a great can. I have one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you're it out of line at all, but personally I would stick with the Rev 9.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Assuming you don't have a purchase contract with exact delivery time specified:
You're not out of line to ask.
They're not out of line to say no, but in the interest customer service, I'm betting they'll let you switch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
For a dealer to promise one month delivery, they must have some on the way.
But, they might prefer to give you a refund, if you ask for it.
Anyone buying anything NFA is under the control of the ATF paper pushers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Just did the exact same thing with them. Ordered a Sig 762qd, was told it would be in their hands in 3 weeks. 8 weeks later, no can in sight. Called and swapped out for the Rugged Surge.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I had ordered a can years ago.  They said they'd have it in a month or 2.  6 months later, still no Form 3 filed from the distributor.

Transferred that money to an in-stock can and 4 months later it was mine.

Then, about a year later, I get a call from the shop telling me that the can finally came in and am I interested?  Sure, why not.  And how about add that Sparrow to my bill?  And amazingly, the price had dropped about $75 on the first can.

The only concession they made me was letting me pay 50% on filing the Form 4 and 50% on pickup.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't think you're out of line, but I've been waiting longer than you have for my paid-for Obsidian to come back in stock.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't think you're out of line, but I've been waiting longer than you have for my paid-for Obsidian to come back in stock.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just did the exact same thing with them. Ordered a Sig 762qd, was told it would be in their hands in 3 weeks. 8 weeks later, no can in sight. Called and swapped out for the Rugged Surge.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Me too. They will just refund you for the first one, and then re-charge you for the second one. At least that is what they did for me. I don't think it is a problem as long as they didn't send out the paperwork yet on the Rev9, but if they did you would have gotten an email with your serial # and that the form4 was submitted I imagine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies. I just hate when people are dicks and I sure as hell don't want to be a dick so I did wnt to check myself.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't think you're it out of line at all, but personally I would stick with the Rev 9.
View Quote

Then I have this^^^^^.
I already have an octane so I wanted a dedicated 9mm can because I have several 9mm rifles AND 41P is coming.

I will call SS and ask about delivery time.
Should I grab another 9mm can, since I will be toast anyway if my dealings come under scrutiny of the one who must be obeyed?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally picked up the phone and switched to a Tirant 45.
Truly painless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top