Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2016 8:16:35 PM EDT
Haven't shot it yet, but I will this weekend.  This is my first integrated can.  Purchased on a whim and a heck of a deal from my local SOT.  They've been great with all my transfers and figured I should buy a can from them.  Anyway, I do think the design is interesting.  Threaded bolt on the end of the barrel holds the registered tube on the barrel/suppressor.  The suppressor itself is flat baffles with what look like wind turbine vanes.  The barrel looks to be about 10" long with the rest being suppressor.  The barrel also has three threaded ports for dropping HV ammo down to subsonic.

I'll be trying it out this weekend.  I've got several muzzle cans that I'll be eventually compairing it to (AAC Element 2, AAC Prodigy, AAC Pilot with Gemtech IOU conversion, Silencerco Spectre II, Silencerco Sparrow).  I also have two more integrated cans in jail, a Gemtech Mist TD and a Liberty Pinnacle II).  Here's some quick ipotato pics:

Here's a pic of the ports.  I've taken the furthest to plugs out.

And the baffle "stack".

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The more I see modern suppressor internals, the more I think that I was a genius when I was 20, and should have started a suppressor company.

Still have some ideas I haven't seen yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that's crazy looking
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot it twice now.  First time I had two ports open (the two closest to the suppressor) and high velocity rounds were still supersonic.  I only fired two rounds as I wasn't at the range.  Came home and opened the third port.  Took it to the range today and I still occasionally had supersonic rounds.  Also, first 50 rounds were Remington Golden Bullet bulk pack.  After emptying those mags I reloaded with Winchester Super X HV.  They would either not eject or would barely eject.  Switched back to Golden Bullet and they were short stroking.  I'm thinking it needs cleaned and to close the third port (closest to the chamber).  I'll be emailing or calling HTA next week to seek advice.  Not super impressed so far.  It was quiet, but didn't blow my socks off.  I've got a Liberty Pinnacle II still in jail and I expect it to be better.

I guess I can say it didn't cost me much....

Just for a quick note, there was another guy at the range and he had a Savage FRVS bolt gun.  I had my AAC Prodigy with me and we screwed it on.  With HV rounds it was quiet.  With CCI subsonics it was amazing!  Now I've gotta get a Savage and he's gonna get a can......
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
How was the accuracy?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Accuracy was OK with just bulk pack.  About the time I really buckled down to re zero it is when I started to have problems with it.  I'm tempted to just put all three screws back in the ports and just use it that way.  I'll talk to Huntertown and see what they say.  I believe this might end up as my first true suppressor "dog".
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll talk to Huntertown.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v672/JKW/80783F3A-24C3-48DA-BA93-F0DD3DDBCE10_zpshzibu4fj.mp4
You won't regret the Savage. Videos seldom capture how a can really sounds, but this one comes real close. Its my son shooting while my Dad watches on, and the report vs bullet impact in the dirt as he tries to bounce a can out from under the target stand 100 yards away, seems correct. The second shot (on the steel) is correctly represented too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll talk to Huntertown.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/309nhig.jpg

Oh, I'll talk to them....  I live 20 minutes away from them.  If I can't get them on the phone I'll just drive over.  They won't get to ignore me.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Huntertown has been very responsive to calls/emails since a management change.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, they picked up the phone this morning.  Unfortunately other than "clean it, try different port arrangements, and bulk pack won't always be subsonic" they didn't tell me much.  I cleaned the barrel this morning and put the plug in closest to the suppressor to see if I can make it reliable.  To get to the other two I have to pull the scope off.  Gas was still escaping from the furthest port (based on carbon buildup when I pulled the tube off) so it'll be an interesting test.  I asked the guy at Huntertown what effect just putting the plug closest to the can would do and he said he wasn't sure.  Said they hadn't tested each config and I'd have to do some trial and error to get it where I like it.

So, I guess we'll see.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep, they picked up the phone this morning.  Unfortunately other than "clean it, try different port arrangements, and bulk pack won't always be subsonic" they didn't tell me much.  I cleaned the barrel this morning and put the plug in closest to the suppressor to see if I can make it reliable.  To get to the other two I have to pull the scope off.  Gas was still escaping from the furthest port (based on carbon buildup when I pulled the tube off) so it'll be an interesting test.  I asked the guy at Huntertown what effect just putting the plug closest to the can would do and he said he wasn't sure.  Said they hadn't tested each config and I'd have to do some trial and error to get it where I like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, hadn't tested their own setup?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you want..R&D or good customer service....I personally like my huntertown can for the money it has been great.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
  What do you want..R&D or good customer service..
View Quote

How about both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top