Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2015 9:17:06 PM EDT
I thought I had triple-double checked my F4 (suppressor) before mailing today, but didn't catch the error until I had mailed it off...

On 14, I put "my name, trustee" instead of "trust name".
On the signature line under certification, I signed but did not include "trustee".

For those that have been through this, can I expect an approval, disapproval, or correction letter?

On the plus side, I like that I can provide credit card info right on the form...

Edit: Suppressor. I've been advised to complete that section by my dealer each time, although as I look through old forms I see some inconsistencies. I've read that it can be left blank but haven't ever done it that way. Thanks for the responses. Dealer did the front, I did the back. It's my fault, not theirs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a lot you can do at this point. You can wait for Martinsburg to get it into the system, then cancel it, or you can let it ride knowing there will be an error letter that will allow you to correct. You didn't need to even worry about 14...
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
ATF may not even care.  For future reference, trusts can leave page 2 completely blank.  More interestingly, why isn't your dealer completing the form?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just to clarify, since OP didn't specify what he was transferring...They can leave it blank if it's for a suppressor or AOW. Gotta complete section 14 for SBR/SBS/DD/MG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF may not even care.  For future reference, trusts can leave page 2 completely blank.  More interestingly, why isn't your dealer completing the form?

Just to clarify, since OP didn't specify what he was transferring...They can leave it blank if it's for a suppressor or AOW. Gotta complete section 14 for SBR/SBS/DD/MG.

My bad, this is the suppressor subforum after all.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I updated my post.

I guess I'm hoping they'll ignore the back...

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I updated my post.

I guess I'm hoping they'll ignore the back...

View Quote

I left Trustee Off the bottom where i signed it. Not an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top