Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2015 8:14:46 PM EDT
Looking to pick up another pistol suppressor. Found a good deal on a Gemtech GM-9 and GM-45. Thinking about picking one up but not sure which to get. Only plan to shoot 9mm currently but do have a couple of .45s that some day I may want to shoot suppressed also. However the biggest drive in my selection would be best performance between these options.

Gemtech lists the following "sound reduction" -

GM-45 32-35 db wet and 21-23 db dry

GM-9  27-30 db

Multimount  34 db

Does this mean the multi mount has the best performance of the three? or am I reading these wrong?

Any input would be helpful. thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a GM-9 and like it well enough. It's quiet, compact and lightweight....however, since it's a monocore design, the outer tube is exposed to carbon and such.

Beyond that, I like it.

The Multimount is going to be more quiet due to its K-baffle core, compared to the GM--9 monocore.

I haven't touched a GM-45, so I cannot comment.

The new Multimount is user serviceable, FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The Gemtech GM series of pistol cans are known for not being the quietest but are the lightest. I bought a MultiMount due to how cheap it was but would love to have a GM-9.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I just read a review on a GM-9 from a guy on another webpage that basic said the GM-9 sucks. Anybody else have first hand knowledge of them?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just read a review on a GM-9 from a guy on another webpage that basic said the GM-9 sucks. Anybody else have first hand knowledge of them?
View Quote

I use mine on a 3-lug MP5K and it works fine. It is 1.25 and short so do not expect TiRant9 performance.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sucks how?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read that review too, and that guy is retarded. It sounds great on my Glock 19 and MK25.

Like Renegade said, don't expect Ti-Rant 9 performance, but it's not loud either. It's actually quiet nice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sucks how?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucks how?

Sorry I did not respond back but the posts below saw the review I was talking about.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I read that review too, and that guy is retarded. It sounds great on my Glock 19 and MK25.

Like Renegade said, don't expect Ti-Rant 9 performance, but it's not loud either. It's actually quiet nice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks all.

I think I will forgo the GM-9 and GM-45. I already have a multimount.

Was only looking at these three because I was finding good sales on them, all under $500. Figured I could pick up another pistol can. I would have no issues getting multimount but i'm thinking now maybe I get something made by somebody else. All my suppressors so far are Gemtech or Ops Inc.

The Triant-9 was mentioned before. How do these compare to the multimount as far as sound wise?

Any other good suggestions that won't break the bank?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:12:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks all.

I think I will forgo the GM-9 and GM-45. I already have a multimount.

Was only looking at these three because I was finding good sales on them, all under $500. Figured I could pick up another pistol can. I would have no issues getting multimount but i'm thinking now maybe I get something made by somebody else. All my suppressors so far are Gemtech or Ops Inc.

The Triant-9 was mentioned before. How do these compare to the multimount as far as sound wise?

Any other good suggestions that won't break the bank?
View Quote

Full size tirants are discontinued and were/are the queitest pistol can out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top