Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2015 8:00:23 AM EDT
I recently purchased my first can, an omega, which will be used on a tavor.  For now it waits in jail.

I know I need to remove the flash hider off my barrel and put their mount on it.  I've seen some discussions here about having your barrel rethreaded to make sure the threads are correct.  Is that something I should have done to mine, or is it ok from the factory?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently purchased my first can, an omega, which will be used on a tavor.  For now it waits in jail.

I know I need to remove the flash hider off my barrel and put their mount on it.  I've seen some discussions here about having your barrel rethreaded to make sure the threads are correct.  Is that something I should have done to mine, or is it ok from the factory?
View Quote

I also have a tavor that I will be using with my omega (also in jail). The threads should be ok, just check alignment once every is together. And Do not reuse the jam nut that is on there now
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

The threads should be fine, just check alignment once mounted.
One thing you will probably notice is that the muzzle device will thread on and bottom out before threading all the way back. This is because the threaded part is extra long. Some people have been sending their Tavor barrels to be cut, and then perm attach an omega flash hider so that the overall length is still 17" but it looks better and reduces overall length.

If you have the mount it came with just thread it on and you will see what I am talking about. It should work fine, but will look kind of goofy (IMO).
Also it will be a pain to shim. If it were me I'd cut the barrel and perm attach a mount so it was perfectly flush.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One thing you will probably notice is that the muzzle device will thread on and bottom out before threading all the way back. This is because the threaded part is extra long. Some people have been sending their Tavor barrels to be cut, and then perm attach an omega flash hider so that the overall length is still 17" but it looks better and reduces overall length.

If you have the mount it came with just thread it on and you will see what I am talking about. It should work fine, but will look kind of goofy (IMO).

Also it will be a pain to shim. If it were me I'd cut the barrel and perm attach a mount so it was perfectly flush.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there an alternative, say a spacer or something?

Another retarded question: how should I go about permanently attaching their mount?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I also have a tavor that I will be using with my omega (also in jail). The threads should be ok, just check alignment once every is together. And Do not reuse the jam nut that is on there now
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got it, don't reuse the nut.  Why, out of curiosity?

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can cause alignment issues.

I haven't mounted a muzzle device yet but will probably try something like this. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrel-hardware/washers/ar-15-m16-ar-style-308-accu-washer-muzzle-device-alignment-system-prod54363.aspx?avad=avant&aid=41227&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Which one, 5/8 x 24?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which one, 5/8 x 24?
View All Quotes

The tavor will be 1/2x28.

And use some rocksett
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

And use some rocksett
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And use some rocksett
Ok great, thank you so much.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And use some rocksett

Let me know if those work out. Hopefully there is enough shoulder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top