Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2015 5:33:47 PM EDT
did a search and no threads turned up, I haven't seen anything good or bad on here about them lately? opinions on them?

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up one of there LDSP .30 cal cans. It's an awesome can for the money.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
ive been looking at the deception, ive got a set budget and including the tax stamp thats about what i can spend....i've seen a few good reviews elsewhere but nothing here
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I am pretty sure some on here have mentioned having the grunt or mini-grunt.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Mini Grunt, and it's one of my main hunting cans.  It's short, lightweight, and quiet for its size - perfect for hunting and just an overall great mini can.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am pretty sure some on here have mentioned having the grunt or mini-grunt.
View Quote

Hard to justify a grunt when Phoenix has $295 Trek's
They don't have an active rep on here like griffin to promote their cans an I never see sales on them and we hate paying retail
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some of their stuff. They were my first purchases and have served me well. However as noted above they are a sponsor here but seem to have very little traffic. I haven't seen many big name places online stock them (quiet riot does) and while there prices are competitive, with sales of similar cans from bigger companies I think many have a hard time buying from a smaller company apart from difficulty of finding a stocking dealer.

They have outstanding customer service and make great suppressors. If I was wanting another direct thread 5.56 can I would get another grunt. Their 22 cans are great but when people are putting warlock and spectre on sale for under $150, it's hard to go with other options if you're on a budget. I do love the simplicity of their monocore aluminum 22 can though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Same reasons we don't see Lane, Mack Bros, Dakota, etc
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Innovative makes good cans but, as mentioned above, they are overshadowed by the larger 'national' brands.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I have not seen the $295 Treks lately, been checking periodically.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two of their cans on order, as well as their WAR upper receiver for one of my ARs. I think they build nice cans for a competitive price. I met them at a local suppressor shoot and they were good people. I commented on how small their apex micro .22 can was and asked how much of a trade off it was with suppression. Phil said to shoot it and see. He pulled out a demo can, threaded it onto a MP22 and said to try it out. I left with ordering one as well as placing an order for an integral MPX conversion (waiting on form 3's for what seems like forever). I think that smaller companies like Innovative have good products, but it's hard for people to justify going with them over a larger brand like silencerco without having tried their products in person. Having the opportunity to do so certainly does sell the product a lot easier.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I've heard nothing but good things. I've shot my dealer's integral .22lr upper and was very impressed.

If I had the cash, I'd have ordered one already.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I like my micro but everybody above has pretty much nailed it.   If cans were over the counter, they would do much better.  But even when you are selling equivalent product for $100 less, given the tax and hassle, people will just default to a better known name brand.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have two of their cans on order, as well as their WAR upper receiver for one of my ARs. I think they build nice cans for a competitive price. I met them at a local suppressor shoot and they were good people. I commented on how small their apex micro .22 can was and asked how much of a trade off it was with suppression. Phil said to shoot it and see. He pulled out a demo can, threaded it onto a MP22 and said to try it out. I left with ordering one as well as placing an order for an integral MPX conversion (waiting on form 3's for what seems like forever). I think that smaller companies like Innovative have good products, but it's hard for people to justify going with them over a larger brand like silencerco without having tried their products in person. Having the opportunity to do so certainly does sell the product a lot easier.
View Quote

Any info on this?  Soundslike something I'd be interested in.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I shot a grunt exo on a 10.5" AR about two months ago and thought it sounded really good for it's size especially on a short barrel.  If you can get one for a good price I don't think you will be disappointed
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder if we were at the same suppressor shoot.  Was it the one at Woody's Hunt and Rifle club?  Innovation Arms had a good showing, and I agree they seemed like good ppl.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRqzo7graMc

It moved
Price point?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wonder if we were at the same suppressor shoot.  Was it the one at Woody's Hunt and Rifle club?  Innovation Arms had a good showing, and I agree they seemed like good ppl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yessir, same shoot. We probably met, lol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You send them your MPX upper and they port the barrel and add their suppressor. I inquired about it and asked if it sounded as good as the youtube video. Phil said it didn't do it justice. He didn't have a demo as they were just converting customer's upper receivers, but after shooting the micro I took his word for it and ordered one through my dealer. Still waiting on the form 3 to clear before sending off my upper to have the work done. They'll then send it over to my local dealer so we can get the form 4 going.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I had them make me a integral cmmg 22 upper.  Love it.  Very good work.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#21]
well i do plan on picking up one of their deception .30cal cans and moving it around...im working on the trust now
it sounds pretty good and im looking forward to using it at work

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You send them your MPX upper and they port the barrel and add their suppressor. I inquired about it and asked if it sounded as good as the youtube video. Phil said it didn't do it justice. He didn't have a demo as they were just converting customer's upper receivers, but after shooting the micro I took his word for it and ordered one through my dealer. Still waiting on the form 3 to clear before sending off my upper to have the work done. They'll then send it over to my local dealer so we can get the form 4 going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Price?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Price?
View Quote

About $700ish IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

About $700ish IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Price?

About $700ish IIRC.

Not bad at all!
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#26]
On the MPX...

Is the OAL over 16" making it a one stamp gun or is it still going to be SBR length?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
On the MPX...

Is the OAL over 16" making it a one stamp gun or is it still going to be SBR length?
View Quote

It would still be a two stamp gun. From my understanding the measurement from a closed bolt to end of the suppressor would be somewhere around 12" with the barrel taking around 5" or 6" of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top