Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 11:04:21 AM EDT
I'm looking to make my first suppressor and was wondering if anybody has used these or has an opinion of them.   This will be used in a Ti tube from sd tactical  and will be primarily on a 300 blk, but I haven't settled on a barrel length.

Pre formed baffles
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Subs only I hope.   I've witnessed a Aluminum end cap blow off a 300blk on a full power round.  I think your baffle life may suffer even on subs.  The OD is listed as 1.340" and the SDTA Ti tube ID is 1.360", that is a lot of play.  Appears to be made for the Steel tubes that have a 1.35" ID.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd want a steeper cone, and not aluminum I would think.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm looking to make my first suppressor and was wondering if anybody has used these or has an opinion of them.   This will be used in a Ti tube from sd tactical  and will be primarily on a 300 blk, but I haven't settled on a barrel length.

Pre formed baffles
View Quote

more expensive and it is only for one, but its stainless, which can hold up wayyy better than aluminum

here
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
why not use the sealed power freeze plugs? use something to press them and drill a hole?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

more expensive and it is only for one, but its stainless, which can hold up wayyy better than aluminum

here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre formed baffles

here

Yikes that's high,at that price I might as well get a manufactured one.

Quoted:
why not use the sealed power freeze plugs? use something to press them and drill a hole?

I guess I might have too.  I was trying to avoid it though because I don't have a press and was willing to pay a bit for the convenience, but not $40 a baffle.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a guy on eBay that sells those 8- $52. I just ordered the c size for my C cell 22lr suppressor. With the tube from eBay the whole setup was $97 out the door plus the $200 tax stamp.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:00:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre formed baffles

here

For that much, just get the shapeways 3D printed flask funnels.  I think they are about $20 each, and have a much better angled cone....probably lighter too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm loving that there are people getting into making "cups" like that for DIY people.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Northern Tool (and probably many other places) have their presses on display. Don't think I didn't take a forming kit up there and make a couple trying to determine if I wanted a hydraulic press or an arbor press, and which size.

I ended up doing all mine with the bench top 6-ton hydraulic press...on the kitchen counter. It cost about $60, but I was making enough baffles for 6 cans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I might have too.  I was trying to avoid it though because I don't have a press and was willing to pay a bit for the convenience, but not $40 a baffle.

Northern Tool (and probably many other places) have their presses on display. Don't think I didn't take a forming kit up there and make a couple trying to determine if I wanted a hydraulic press or an arbor press, and which size.

I ended up doing all mine with the bench top 6-ton hydraulic press...on the kitchen counter. It cost about $60, but I was making enough baffles for 6 cans.

LMAO thats AWESOME!!!

I think I'm going to use these and drill them myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252077077756
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top