Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 11:30:58 AM EDT
I am using a 14.5 inch barrel and I am looking to pin and weld my suppressor mount to make oal 16 inches. The mount i am using is the SF3P-556-1/2-28 for the Surefire Socom RC suppressor.  My biggest concern is if I will still be able to use the suppressor?

Also any pics for reference would be awesome!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
plenty of people pin suppressor mounts. That being said, the cool kids have tax stamps and it's not THAT much more money.

Either way should be good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
plenty of people pin suppressor mounts. That being said, the cool kids have tax stamps and it's not THAT much more money.

View Quote

Poor guy is in Washington and Form 1's are no longer being approved.  (I am in the same boat) Rainier arms is pinning my BE meyer/saker mount now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Poor guy is in Washington and Form 1's are no longer being approved.  (I am in the same boat) Rainier arms is pinning my BE meyer/saker mount now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Factory SBR should be good, right?
Now that WILL be expensive...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats exactly right. yes its not that much money to get a tax stamp for the rifle its just not allowed in WA.

So anyone with experience with the Socom RC with pin/welded mount?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely no reason it wouldnt work. Surefire even pre drills the hole on the FH for a pin...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thats exactly right. yes its not that much money to get a tax stamp for the rifle its just not allowed in WA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call Rainier Arms and ask them about their form 2/form 4 program.  $125 bucks and includes the engraving.  Of course, you have to buy the stamp too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a pending socom 556 that will be run on a pinned and welded brake. As long as the weld isn't to big or you grind it down it will be ok.

I did the pin weld myself, grounded it down then went to my dealer and can fit no issues. Go for it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Pin and weld it. Tax stamp 14.5s are stupid, imo. Travel is restricted, wait time sucks, $200 out of pocket, and let's face it...you won't wear thay mount out and you're married to thay can anyway.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd say pay the $200 tax but if you can't then pin& weld on a 14.5 it is....  As has been mentioned, buy a factory SBR or two, yes it will be pricey but worth it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I did the Silver solder at home for $50. Plus I can remove it myself at home and silver solder like 30 more guns.

I love 14.5's. I am at 16.1" with my AAC brake 51T. Feels like an SBR!! The main reason was to pull the can closer to the back of the gun. I love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top