Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2015 6:42:49 AM EDT
So I am new to the suppressor game, and I have an AAC Ti- Rant 45 that I use on my MARK 23. The directions say to tighten until it is hand tight. How tight do a I need to make it? Hand tight is pretty subjective.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't use a wrench on it...lol   I hand tighten till pretty snug
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
hand tight - tighten it as hard as you can with your hands only
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If everything goes red and you wake up on the floor, that was too tight.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I am new to the suppressor game, and I have an AAC Ti- Rant 45 that I use on my MARK 23. The directions say to tighten until it is hand tight. How tight do a I need to make it? Hand tight is pretty subjective.
View Quote

Roughly 8nm of torque for a very strong person with very good grip (think motorcycle riders, mechanics, etc.) and around 5-7nm for the normal fit, male populace.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Hand-tight is a term meaning one hand-pound of force.  Vs. One foot-pound.  Get it?  Hand-pound?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

...about as tight as an average person can get something by using their foot to tighten it
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I think of it as the same force as you'd use to open most pickle jars, only tightening.  As the Germans say, "guttentite".

Best of luck, and I sure hope you don't ever have a launch event.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Use a finger and your thumb to tighten it down.  If it pops when trying to remove it it was tight enough
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top