Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2015 4:42:27 PM EDT
I have one built in February that doesn't seem to take the same adapter as I see online. I bought a YHM adapter for a Walther P22 but it's to small the thread on to my barrel.  

Also, the M&P 22s I see online have a real skinny barrel and a sleeve over it that's held in place by the barrel bushing. Mine is a solid 1 piece barrel.

Any ideas that adapter I really need?  3/8 is too small and 1/2 is too big. Do they make a 7/16 x 28?  

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ohhhhh, that must be the issue then. I assumed both MP22 versions would be the same.

Thank you for replying.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The full size was made overseas by Walther. The compact is made in the USA by S&W. Different animals...can't use the longer mags in the shorter pistol, adapters are different, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ohhhhh, that must be the issue then. I assumed both MP22 versions would be the same.

Thank you for replying.

The full size was made overseas by Walther. The compact is made in the USA by S&W. Different animals...can't use the longer mags in the shorter pistol, adapters are different, etc.

Not to thread jack, but are they of equal quality or is one recommended over the other?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The newer 22 Compact is preferred.  It's built by S&W and looks to be higher quality as opposed to the fullsize 22.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Not to thread jack, but are they of equal quality or is one recommended over the other?
View Quote

I sold my full size M&P22 after getting the compact. The quality difference is night and day.  Not having a sleeved barrel really did it for me. Still, the full size M&P22 is a great pistol and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the trigger on the .22 M&Ps just as junky as the 9mm, .40, and .45 M&Ps (excluding the shield)?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]
never had an issue with any of my m&p triggers.  the 22 compact has a much lighter pull than the 9mm though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Appreciate all of the replies.

Good luck with the adapter OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top