Posted: 4/28/2015 11:38:51 AM EDT
Link

Limited to 100 and $1,695. Pretty nice package deal
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
shit......wish I waited now.....
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at that and it seemed kinda high to me.  How much would that knife sell for normally?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked at that and it seemed kinda high to me.  How much would that knife sell for normally?
View Quote

Hinderer knives are expensive, like $500 and up. Package also comes with 200 rounds of 300 BLK that are nickel plated black.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
<< GD type comments removed...BW >>
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hinderer knives are expensive, like $500 and up. Package also comes with 200 rounds of 300 BLK that are nickel plated black.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo, and this is a super rare Hinderer...he has never done a real collab with another company, nor has he done a completely black knife (hardware and all).  A smart person would realize that even if they don't want the knife they could sell it online immediately and walk away with an Omega suppressor and 200 rounds of ammo for $700-$900, maybe less.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bingo, and this is a super rare Hinderer...he has never done a real collab with another company, nor has he done a completely black knife (hardware and all).  A smart person would realize that even if they don't want the knife they could sell it online immediately and walk away with an Omega suppressor and 200 rounds of ammo for $700-$900, maybe less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ this post = arfcom catnip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome deal...  Ricks knives go in minuets at shows, and these will go for huge amounts of money if the owner decides to sell them.  $500 is actually cheap for a custom knife...
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
How is this Omega different than the normal one? And why in the world would I want a $500 pocket knife?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

i will tell you like I told my coworker when he said that why would I buy a $400+ knife when his 40$ can do the same.

"I would  explain it to you, but you still wouldn't understand."
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i will tell you like I told my coworker when he said that why would I buy a $400+ knife when his 40$ can do the same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they catch you with that cell phone... Well let's just say it's against institution policy to have internet access.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:32:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is this Omega different than the normal one? And why in the world would I want a $500 pocket knife?
View Quote

On the open market this knife would sell for $800-$1000 or more, not $500, but buy it and find out. If you don't think it's worth it, sell the knife and enjoy the amazing price you paid for a great silencer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If they catch you with that cell phone... Well let's just say it's against institution policy to have internet access.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get offended all you want but it's true, you'll never understand.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think an XM-18 (particularly with that blade profile) goes for $700-$800 easy.  It's not a bad deal, I'm sure the Hinderer fans would gush over than knife.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Nick, is this collaboration your project?

You guys make beautiful, well-built and functional products with excellent customer service.

I just can't see letting any of these limited run items sit in a display case so they retain their value.

ETA: I own expensive knives, but they all get used.

Quoted:

On the open market this knife would sell for $800-$1000 or more, not $500, but buy it and find out. If you don't think it's worth it, sell the knife and enjoy the amazing price you paid for a great silencer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#15]
At first I was like , but after some of the post. I guess it's more like . Still, $1695.00 and the $200.00 for the tax stamp. So roughly $2000.00. Seems pretty expensive, I bet your kinda forget after you have the knife and silencer in your hand.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You guys make beautiful, well-built and functional products with excellent customer service.

I just can't see letting any of these limited run items sit in a display case so they retain their value.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I own all the Summit line collaborations at SilencerCo.  This one is unique in that we are trying to blend knife culture with gun culture, which is an interesting challenge.  Before I met Rick Hinderer I was like many (most?) gun owners in that I would happily spend $700 on a new Aimpoint, $300 on a SureFire light, $1000 on a silencer, all to put on my $2000 rifle that sits in a safe 99% of the time, but I thought it was insane to spend more than $100 on a pocket knife that I carried all day everyday.  In hindsight it seems a bit silly, so in an effort to enlighten our fellow gun enthusiasts to the world of quality knives, we created this package and set the price at a point where there is no way you could purchase the suppressor, ammo, and knife individually for less than the cost of the package.  We're getting beaten up by Hinderer fans pretty heavily right now to sell the knife alone, so worst case, if the knife isn't for you there are plenty of knife enthusiasts with cash in hand willing to take it off your hands!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At first I was like , but after some of the post. I guess it's more like . Still, $1695.00 and the $200.00 for the tax stamp. So roughly $2000.00. Seems pretty expensive, I bet your kinda forget after you have the knife and silencer in your hand.
View Quote

Check out some of the Hinderer knife prices here: http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/Rick-Hinderer.aspx and here: http://www.knifeart.com/rickhinderer.html  $500 - $700 for his basic production models should give you a little indication of what a limited edition would sell for.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't get me wrong, if I had the cash I'd be all in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Check out some of the Hinderer knife prices here: http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/Rick-Hinderer.aspx and here: http://www.knifeart.com/rickhinderer.html  $500 - $700 for his basic production models should give you a little indication of what a limited edition would sell for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nick, I think i'm about to order this bad boy. Thank you.

ETA: Who doesn't love silencerco and a nice knife?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#20]
You mentioned only selling the knife as the Summit Package. What about the Rifle Dynamics AK Package. Are there any plans to sell the rifles separately? I already have an omega incoming and Specwar so I really just want the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#21]
My problem is I would buy this package with full intentions of selling the knife. But then I wouldn't and my wife would use it to slab me in my sleep.

So I just went with the can and called it a day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My problem is I would buy this package with full intentions of selling the knife. But then I wouldn't and my wife would use it to slab me in my sleep.

View Quote

This.  Exactly this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#23]
The ammo looks pretty neat.  Any idea how the special brass would stand up to reloading?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a couple Hinderer knives that I rotate into my EDC (every day carry) collection and they are phenomenal knives.  I wish I had the scratch to buy into this.....(I would buy the knife from anyone who gets the package).
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/SAM_0798_zpslmlcmqto.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/SAM_0798_zpslmlcmqto.jpg

Nice!!!  The knife really did turn out great.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You mentioned only selling the knife as the Summit Package. What about the Rifle Dynamics AK Package. Are there any plans to sell the rifles separately? I already have an omega incoming and Specwar so I really just want the rifle.
View Quote

The projects we currently have planned all include a suppressor, but you are not the first to ask the question, so we will definitely discuss the possibility.  That said, if you haven't shot an Omega yet, trust me when I say you're definitely going to want the complete package!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The ammo looks pretty neat.  Any idea how the special brass would stand up to reloading?
View Quote

Good question - I'll see if I can get our R&D guys to reload a couple to get you a better answer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#29]
If I order this package do I get the knife and ammo right away while waiting for the stamps?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If I order this package do I get the knife and ammo right away while waiting for the stamps?
View Quote

Somewhere I saw that you'd have to work that out with your local transferring dealer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Achievement Unlocked: I have now reached Silencerco fanboy status.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything will ship together to your dealer, but there is absolutely no reason you couldn't take the ammo, knife, and display box home with you immediately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha!  You going to order one?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Attempting.

Currently in a debate with the spousal unit as to how "necessary" this purchase is.

Eta: I already have a specwar 556, 30p-1, and 5 form 1's all in jail right now. So, I'll fight the best fight I can.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Attempting.

Currently in a debate with the spousal unit as to how "necessary" this purchase is.

Eta: I already have a specwar 556, 30p-1, and 5 form 1's all in jail right now. So, I'll fight the best fight I can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attempting.

I had that same discussion when I wanted to buy an Omega back in Feb. She offered to use me as a suppressor instead but I graciously declined...

I bought one anyway. Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission!!!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Attempting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attempting.

Tell her you want one of the Summit line AKs first, then compromise on the Blackout package instead.  It's all about strategy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top