Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2015 5:52:37 PM EDT
I'm new to silencers and have a GM-22 waiting now.
I need a versatile can (7.62, 300 & 5.56). I thought the Saker 7.62 was my answer but the dealer is recommending the Specwar , says is quieter (he has this in stock) citing there are issues with the Saker 762 lockup.

I'm still leaning towards the Saker 762.
What does Arfcom hands on experience say about this? Any lock up troubles with the Saker 762?
I like silencerco's products. Which one?

Thanks
Bishop3
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the price? I went Specwar 762 over Saker but only because it was $499.. If price was the same or within $100 of each other I would have went Saker for the 51t compatability (already invested in the mount..)
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the price? I went Specwar 762 over Saker but only because it was $499.. If price was the same or within $100 of each other I would have went Saker for the 51t compatability (already invested in the mount..)
View Quote

There is a $180 difference. Im still inclined towards the Saker, but wanted to know more of any lock up issues.
The Specwar is longer, heavier and a couple inches longer too. The price $719/$899.

Bishop3
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is a $180 difference. Im still inclined towards the Saker, but wanted to know more of any lock up issues.

The Specwar is longer, heavier and a couple inches longer too.

Bishop3
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Specwar is longer, heavier and a couple inches longer too.

Bishop3
I chose the Saker.  I've had no issues with lockup except for when the first time I mounted it, I really ratcheted it down tight, and it didn't want to ratchet off...  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I ended up getting both, but I'm still a Specwar/ASR guy. The Specwar is a pure KISS can with no extra frills and a good mount. I have no other mounting systems to consider and didn't need the one hand on/off feature of the Saker mount.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Sakers and the mounts better.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like the Sakers and the mounts better.
View Quote

Same here plus you can push the saker under the handguards more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I went saker based on the size and weight difference.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I went for the saker for mount, end cap is removable (to many nightmare stories about endcap strikes) and its shorter.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Have the Saker in jail right now....from all accounts it's a beast!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Specwar 762 will be my first suppressor I hope I made the right choice. Only one month into the wait...
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:02:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Most of the issues I've read can be attributed to poor planning, IE: not properly torquing the mount before mounting the suppressor and both coming off after shooting. I went with the Saker for versatility.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:52:11 AM EDT
[#12]
How about the Dead Air Sandman-S 7.62? It comes in shorter and lighter than the Saker 7.62, also has a Stellite baffle stack, cost is basically the same, and has a very elegant mounting system.

Sakers are cool because you can change out the mount, but the system has always seemed a little fussy to me. I said from the beginning with the Saker that I would rather have one perfect mount instead of the ability to change it out to several different ones, and it looks like Dead Air has done just that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Saker.. All the way.

Front cap flexability (Maybe a brake soon?)
lots of mounts
Good size and weight
Trifecta mount
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I went saker because it was going to be mounted under a rail and didn't want to mess around with trying to get the specwar off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top