Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2014 8:06:20 PM EDT
Alright folks I jumped the gun due to a great price on my trust, what do I do next to get a suppressor in the trust???
Do I purchase the item online then do paperwork and wait?
Or do I do paperwork and purchase after approved?  
I know this has been talked about but can't find it ...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You buy either locally or online and so the paper work.  Look around at all the NFA forums here, there is a lot of good info.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Alright folks I jumped the gun due to a great price on my trust, what do I do next to get a suppressor in the trust???
Do I purchase the item online then do paperwork and wait?
Or do I do paperwork and purchase after approved?  
I know this has been talked about but can't find it ...
View Quote

Purchase the item online (or in a local store if you can find what you want), you'll submit a copy of your trust with the form 4. I send my trust, certification of trust and schedule A (you can just put sum of $10 on your schedule A if you want, I choose to setup a checking account in my trust name and use that as #1 on my schedule A.) Attach a check to the ATF for $200 with your form 4 and copy of the trust. Then forget about it lol you can setup an e-forms account and do an SBR/SBS or Form 1 suppressor while you want for your form 4 to come back (form 1's have been about 30 days vs 4-5 months for form 4). Enjoy and welcome to the club
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If you buy it in-state, whether online or in person, you fill out a Form 4 with your trust (not you) as the applicant and send a copy of the trust with your form and $200 check/MO to the ATF.

If you buy it out-of-state, it takes a Form 3 (no tax stamp) transfer to a dealer in your state. Your in-state dealer will most likely charge you a transfer fee in the $50-$150 range, plus the additional wait time. Once the F3 is approved, you're back to an in-state purchase on an F4.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the quick answers everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top