Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2014 3:54:26 PM EDT
The general consensus is the SS Sparrow performs better on a rifle than a pistol. Anybody have some experience to say about where the line is drawn in terms of barrel length?

When counting approved and pending, I have three Spectre IIs and two Warlock IIs, but no Sparrows. I'm thinking about getting a PS90 SBR, which has a 10.4" barrel. The Sparrow is rated for the 5.7x28, and it's an inch shorter than the Spectre II. Thought the Sparrow might be a good decision for a dedicated can.

So...if the Sparrow is better on a 16" barrel compared to a 4" barrel, what about the halfway point?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The frp on my 4" buckmark is a non issue. Way too much internet BS has been made over it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would it matter on a supersonic round that's going to be louder than FRP anyway? I shoot mine on 4" pistols, 4.5" AR, and pleanty of 16" FRP isn't a big deal like people say.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would it matter on a supersonic round that's going to be louder than FRP anyway? I shoot mine on 4" pistols, 4.5" AR, and pleanty of 16" FRP isn't a big deal like people say.
View Quote

Thanks for the reality check. I know the factory 5.7 stuff is supersonic, but was thinking of my 4.5" 22 and how quiet it was.

Really just trying to justify buying a Sparrow. Didn't take much, as I paid for it about 25 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Spectre 2 and a Sparrow and have swapped them around on various different guns to see how they compare. Honestly, aside from the first shot with the Sparrow being a little louder, I cant really tell any significant difference between the two on pistols or rifles. They are both excellent cans and very quiet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a Spectre 2 and a Sparrow and have swapped them around on various different guns to see how they compare. Honestly, aside from the first shot with the Sparrow being a little louder, I cant really tell any significant difference between the two on pistols or rifles. They are both excellent cans and very quiet.
View Quote

I would try a nasal mister for the FRP.  Keep it handy and one blast will solve that problem.  Learned that from somebody else here.

Mister on Ebay
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have three Spectre IIs and two Warlock IIs, but no Sparrows.
View Quote

You need to get a Class III dealer license.  Mine got his so he could buy all his toys cheap and with purchases and transfers, it pays his license and then some.  That way you can get stuff cheap and be in possession of whatever you want

I also feel the FRP is way over hyped as well. I never shoot my 22lr once.  And I never remember my first shot
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reality check. I know the factory 5.7 stuff is supersonic, but was thinking of my 4.5" 22 and how quiet it was.

Really just trying to justify buying a Sparrow. Didn't take much, as I paid for it about 25 minutes ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That a boy. You will really enjoy that suppressor. Super easy to clean.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You need to get a Class III dealer license.  Mine got his so he could buy all his toys cheap and with purchases and transfers, it pays his license and then some.  That way you can get stuff cheap and be in possession of whatever you want
View Quote

Probably should've thought of that last year. The Sparrow is the 20th stamp I've paid for since August 2013.

No telling what I could've saved. But I assume I'd have to keep the Class III current forever. Not sure how that works with trusts and heirs. Either way, no sense crying over spilled milk at this point. I only have one or two more planned in the near future.

I guess if I'd thought about it, a Saker K 556 with direct thread module could've been an even better option.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same for my Sparrow vs Warlock. Slight first round difference, otherwise, nothing discernible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top