Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2014 9:21:14 AM EDT
I have a few suppressor purchases planned for the near future, and the Specwar vs Saker decision will have some long lasting effects.

For example, if I get the 556 Specwar K, I'd be inclined to get a future Saker with the ASR module instead of the standard one.  FWIW, I have a SF SOCOM, so quality of mount is an important factor for me.

So, ASR vs the standard Saker mounts - what can you guys tell me?  Are the ASRs good to go?  Is there some compromise when compared to the Saker mounts?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Id get the ASR mount personally unlessbyouve got a gun you want the can to go under the handguard.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have a few suppressor purchases planned for the near future, and the Specwar vs Saker decision will have some long lasting effects.

For example, if I get the 556 Specwar K, I'd be inclined to get a future Saker with the ASR module instead of the standard one.  FWIW, I have a SF SOCOM, so quality of mount is an important factor for me.

So, ASR vs the standard Saker mounts - what can you guys tell me?  Are the ASRs good to go?  Is there some compromise when compared to the Saker mounts?  Thanks.
View Quote

I like the ASR mount. It's pretty much a K.I.S.S. design. From front to back, there's a bearing surface on the flash hider that seals the expansion chamber of the suppressor from the coarse threads and right behind the coarse threads is a ring of fine teeth that a pair of locking teeth that cam down on it from the rotation of a lock ring.

It's not as complicated as the Saker MAAD mount and you lose the ability to make suppressor attachment a one handed operation.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the Saker mounts, but the ASR mounts are still good.

I don't have any Specwars, but if I would have had one first I may have considered going that way with the Saker.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate the feedback so far guys.

Does anyone have experience with the ASR mounts regarding:  1) difficulty of removal after a long shooting session or 2) measuring point of impact shift and/or repeatability of that shift?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a specwar 762 and my buddy has a Saker 762 both pending. We went to shoot with our SOT a few weeks back with about 25 other guys waiting on cans so we had a decent sample base of different cans. I was swapping the specwar from a blackout to a 5.56. With the exception of how hot they would get the specwar was easy to swap even after a few magazines. My buddies Saker didn't fair as well and neither did a few others with sakers. They were all having a difficult time removing their sakers after a few magazines. The decibel reduction was incredibly similar between the cans so I'm happy I went with the specwar at the end of the day.

ETA: for POI I would call it negligible at most. I didn't see any shift that I couldn't just as easily contribute to a number of other factors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top