Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 9:08:22 PM EDT
I've got a Sig p226 threaded in m13.5x1lh. And I've got a tirant45 which I have the appropriate adapter for.  My problem is that I put about 5ish rounds through it and I double checked to make sure it was tight, it had unthreaded enough to make me concerned... Is there anything I can do? My Sig holds 20rds and was hoping to not check to make sure it was tight 4 times while I'm shooting through 1 magazine.
Loctite? Wipe oil off of the threads?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Id rather have to check it than to have it weld itself. My Trek Ti comes loose on occasion and every so often my Outback will. On my AR, I actually use Anti seize on the threads.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Good ol' fashioned teflon tape is your friend..... $.99 a roll, and there's no mess and no fuss.

Just wrap it around the threads a few times, then go to town. Peel it off when you're done.

It's a trick the old heads use. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
1-2 drops of rocksett should keep it in place, its what i use on my Gemtech GMT-556 LE. Its good up to something like 2000 deg F

http://www.amazon.com/Flexbar-15014-High-Temperature-Rocksett/dp/B001C1D800
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good ol' fashioned teflon tape is your friend..... $.99 a roll, and there's no mess and no fuss.

Just wrap it around the threads a few times, then go to town. Peel it off when you're done.

It's a trick the old heads use. Enjoy.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1-2 drops of rocksett should keep it in place, its what i use on my Gemtech GMT-556 LE. Its good up to something like 2000 deg F

http://www.amazon.com/Flexbar-15014-High-Temperature-Rocksett/dp/B001C1D800
View Quote

Side tracking here but how do you like that can? I'm waiting on the 556QM
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to try the Teflon tape. May start keeping some in my range bag if it works. I'm hesitant to use rockset just because of how hard it is to get that stuff off...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top