Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 2:54:51 PM EDT
So I just ordered and bought my 3rd suppressor........a Gemtech GM-9.

My dealer called his distributor with me standing there, and within 30 minutes, a copy of the Form 3 being submitted was emailed to my dealer.

Paid $638 OTD, and the distributor is swapping the 1/2x28 piston for a 13.5x1 LH piston for me.

I couldn't find a whole lot of info about the GM-9, but from the videos and what I *did* see, I like that its a monocore design, that's user serviceable., unlike my Osprey 45, which has had 9mm and .45 duty since I got it......I figured its time to get a dedicated 9mm suppressor.

I know there are some SOTs/FFLs here, that may have experience with the GM-9, as they're at dealers already......just trying to get info.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I just ordered and bought my 3rd suppressor........a Gemtech GM-9.

My dealer called his distributor with me standing there, and within 30 minutes, a copy of the Form 3 being submitted was emailed to my dealer.

Paid $638 OTD, and the distributor is swapping the 1/2x28 piston for a 13.5x1 LH piston for me.

I couldn't find a whole lot of info about the GM-9, but from the videos and what I *did* see, I like that its a monocore design, that's user serviceable., unlike my Osprey 45, which has had 9mm and .45 duty since I got it......I figured its time to get a dedicated 9mm suppressor.

I know there are some SOTs/FFLs here, that may have experience with the GM-9, as they're at dealers already......just trying to get info.
View Quote

Actually, M3 just got their first shipment of them about two weeks ago, I was on their backorder list.  I am now waiting on the form 3 transfer.  Sorry I can't give you any info on it as of yet, I don't have it in my hands. If I like it, I will probably be ordering a second for my 9mm carbine
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn I've been looking forward to this can
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a whole lot of info out there. The biggest influx of info seems to be from around SHOT 2014
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not a whole lot of info out there. The biggest influx of info seems to be from around SHOT 2014
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, that's about all I could find.

I honestly took a gamble on this one, but it being Gemtech, I figured it would be a good can......I had a Gemtech Trek on my issued M4 during my 15-month Iraq deployment.....was a badass suppressor, and took a hell of a beating. I trust the Gemtech name.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I am interested in hearing some firsthand feedback, even if it is subjective, regarding this can. Especially if the owner has an Octane/Tirant/Mystic as well that they have shot on the same host with same ammo, etc.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I honestly took a gamble on this one, but it being Gemtech, I figured it would be a good can......I had a Gemtech Trek on my issued M4 during my 15-month Iraq deployment.....was a badass suppressor, and took a hell of a beating. I trust the Gemtech name.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMEN
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I am interested in hearing some firsthand feedback, even if it is subjective, regarding this can. Especially if the owner has an Octane/Tirant/Mystic as well that they have shot on the same host with same ammo, etc.
View Quote

Same here, except I'm waiting for experiences with the GM-45 as I already have a bunch of Blackside pistons.

On another G-Core note, I did get the chance to demo a GM-22 this past week and it will probably be my next rimfire suppressor purchase.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Yet one more G-core note, I'm in the first backorder group for the 300blk G-core and as soon as the adapter
is sorted out for the M&P 22 compact I'm in for a GM22, form 3's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top