I think this is the worst picture I have ever taken

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Barrel info?
What makes you say "favorite"?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrels aren't that easy to find I think. Plus they require fitting and aren't very "drop-in"

Of course you can always have your existing barrel extended and threaded.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Barrel is an EFK.   It's my favorite because I like the BHP better than any other handgun even when not suppressed.  That being said it runs very reliably with the can.  Even though I don't have any metering equipment the same can "seems" louder on my Glock 19.  Perhaps that has something to do with the steel frame.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Barrel is an EFK.   It's my favorite because I like the BHP better than any other handgun even when not suppressed.  That being said it runs very reliably with the can.  Even though I don't have any metering equipment the same can "seems" louder on my Glock 19.  Perhaps that has something to do with the steel frame.
View Quote

Cool
Does EFK have distributors or is it $235 directly from them?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Did you have any figment issues or concentricity issues with the EFK barrel?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No issues with with fitting but the chamber is really tight.   I have had some issues with once fired brass sticking.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as a threaded bbl is available, any pistol makes a great host. IMO buy a 45 cal can and not 9mm. You lock yourself in with a 9. A 45 can has multiple uses. Once my 45 can comes in i'll pm you. it's going on a few hand guns, sbr pistol caliber uppers and 357 lever action.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As long as a threaded bbl is available, any pistol makes a great host. IMO buy a 45 cal can and not 9mm. You lock yourself in with a 9. A 45 can has multiple uses. Once my 45 can comes in i'll pm you. it's going on a few hand guns, sbr pistol caliber uppers and 357 lever action.
View Quote

45 cans, in my experience, don't work too well on 9mm guns.  The bore is just too large.  If you are only going to buy 1 can, maybe a 45 makes sense.  You give up a little performance to gain versatility.  In the real world though I would just get both a 45 and 9mm can.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:00:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
45 cans, in my experience, don't work too well on 9mm guns.  The bore is just too large.  If you are only going to buy 1 can, maybe a 45 makes sense.  You give up a little performance to gain versatility.  In the real world though I would just get both a 45 and 9mm can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I seem to remember silencer tests doing testing with a 45 TiRant, and found it to bring 9mm down to  within 1 dB of a Tirant 9.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:49:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I seem to remember silencer tests doing testing with a 45 TiRant, and found it to bring 9mm down to  within 1 dB of a Tirant 9.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see that, but I Blackside is not that great with 9mm, but is a good can for 45.  Perhaps its all in the design.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome.
Where do you shoot?

I have two glock 9mms with threaded barrels already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top