Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2014 11:51:41 AM EDT
I noticed that the Saker is listed with an optional YHM mount.  Well, I can ORDER one, however, does anybody have one yet?  Any pictures?  Reviews?  I see nothing anywhere on this.  Would make a good second centerfire can, in my opinion, to go along with my YHM mounts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Just picked up. Saker 556 with the Trifecta mount. All I can tell you is its rock solid mounted on my AR.

</img />

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I took the YHM mount off one of my SBRs and installed the Trifecta.
Love it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The Trifecta mount is rock solid on my Saker and is nice because its a one hand on/off mount.
I purchased a second Saker with the AAC mount (its still in purgatory), but took the AAC mount when I got the first Saker. It too locks up tight but requires the locking collar to be slid to secure it onto the FH.
Check out Silencerco's site for the mounts as they seem to pop up there frequently.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love it.
View Quote

So you are using a YHM phantom with a trifecta mount?  Does it hold it pretty securely?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Love it.
View Quote

I haven't heard much negative about the Trifecta, however I already have the YHM mounts and a YHM Suppressor (in jail).  My primary reason for going with YHM was the mount system.  I already had phantom flash suppressors on my rifles and am familiar with them.  I do not like and will not own "open" flash suppressors no matter what.  Perhaps, for me, it is the switch the Army made from the three-pronged suppressor to a closed one.  I think the reasoning is sound; they were climbing through the jungle and getting the prongs caught in the brush.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
According to Andrew from SilencerCo, the Y-mounts will be released late March or early April.  So, no one has one because they do not exist yet.  I am also invested in YHM mounts heavily, and while I bought a 762 Saker with the Trifecta mount (as I plan on switching over eventually) I will be buying a Y-Mount when available.  The one part that really sucks is I was told $295 MSRP on the Y-Mount, which seems really high if it is basically just a thread mount with a larger hole and some serrations on the back, so I hope it has something great to offer that hasn't occured to me.

If I didn't have a permanently-attached YHM on my one barrel and an issuew with handguard interference with a Trifecta/Saker on my other, I'd have gone right over to the Trifecta.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I to have all YHM mounts for 30 cal phantom. The thought of 41P passing is making me want to get a Saker 556 with a Ymount. Definitely wont be buying all new FHs to go with a trifecta mount though. I saw on Silencer Shop and Silenced America that the Y mount is an option.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait a minute. Are you all telling me that I can buy a Saker that can utilize the same mounts as my YHM .30LT?

My wallet is not amused.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wait a minute. Are you all telling me that I can buy a Saker that can utilize the same mounts as my YHM .30LT?

My wallet is not amused.
View Quote

Nor was mine, and, yes, they are doing a YHM mount.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I do not know about forwards compatibility; the Y-Mount (again, according to SilencerCo) will be compatible with legacy phantom QD mounts is all I know.  If someone could check with them about the LT style mounts and post here, that'd be pretty helpful.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I did a video on the Wraith mounts and it looks like all mounts are the same, only the length of the flash hiders are different.  Still, I don't know what the Saker mount looks like so it'll be a while.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you are using a YHM phantom with a trifecta mount?  Does it hold it pretty securely?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love it.

No. I took the YHM mount off that particular SBR and am using the Trifecta mount. The other SBRs have YHM mounts on them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top