Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2014 12:25:36 PM EDT
I'm buying the Saker next week, I need input of anyone that owns or used one,
I have a SDN-6 so I have the 51t mounts,

My questions,
witch mounts Maad vs there 51t are best?
How dose DB  compare vs other cans you shot?
What was the POI on your saker?
How was the back pressure?

My SDN-6 wobbles a bit on the 51t, Will the saker lock up tight on the 51t mounts
Or should I dump the 51t mounts and get the Trifecta mounts??
Money is no problem if I need new mounts-- or cans

Thanks,

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm buying the Saker next week, I need input of anyone that owns or used one,
I have a SDN-6 so I have the 51t mounts,

My question is witch mounts are best?

My SDN-6 wobbles a bit on the 51t, Will the saker lock up tight on the 51t mounts
Or should I dump the 51t mounts and get the Trifecta mounts??
Money is no problem if I need new mounts.

Thanks,

View Quote

The Saker apparently locks up tighter than the m4-2000 on the 51T. I think the Saker mounting system is superior but the 51T will work just fine. If you want to be able to use both the SDN-6 and Saker on your rifles stick with 51T. If that isn't a concern I'd go with the Saker mount.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
From everything I've seen on these boards the trifecta is a better attachment method than the AAC 51t system. But if you've already got rockset 51t FH/brakes, go ahead and get the MAAD 51t mount.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Saker, sort of......
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Saker, sort of......
View Quote

Fun, isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From everything I've seen the SilencerCo 51t mount is a better mount than the AAC 51t mount.You can go either way. If you've got a rockset 51t mount on your rifles and want to use both cans on any of them, go ahead and use it.
View Quote

Are you talking about the Saker mount? I don't believe it's a 51T mount. It's a compression mount. From the guys at Silencershop it's bullet proof. Compression mount is way better than AAC 51T. According to them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are you talking about the Saker mount? I don't believe it's a 51T mount. It's a compression mount. From the guys at Silencershop it's bullet proof. Compression mount is way better than AAC 51T. According to them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

From everything I've seen the SilencerCo 51t mount is a better mount than the AAC 51t mount.You can go either way. If you've got a rockset 51t mount on your rifles and want to use both cans on any of them, go ahead and use it.

Maybe the terminology is confusing. I'm saying the SilencerCo MAAD mount for AAC's 51t FH/brake is better than AAC's native 51t silencers. I'll edit.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:50:25 AM EDT
[#7]
The Saker 51T MAAD module uses the same active spring retention system as the SWR ASR mount, which appears to be a lot more rock-solid than the AAC system on the same 51T mounts.  There is an excellent youtube video illustrating this (I think it was ITS Tactical that posted it for 2012 or 2013 SHOT show, whenever the Saker was first announced).
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I have just begun playing with theSaker I bought last February.
I took the YHM mount off a 223 SBR and used the Trifecta mount rather than use the adapter and am glad I did.  I really like the Trifecta mount.
Loving the Saker, BTW
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I took the YHM mount off a 223 SBR and used the Trifecta mount rather than use the adapter and am glad I did.  I really like the Trifecta mount.
Loving the Saker, BTW
View Quote

How is it on DB-sound?

Dose it fill heavy?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How is it on DB-sound?

Dose it fill heavy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Loving the Saker, BTW

How is it on DB-sound?

Dose it fill heavy?

The sound is Ssweeet.  I shoot a lot on a creek bank which is down in a hole and surrounded by trees.  This thing is pretty near "hearing safe", as in NO ear ringing with a 11.5" SBR.
It feels heavy compared to my YHM 762 Phantom TI, but is shorter and less diameter.  Overall, I am well pleased.  I think I should have bought 2.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a trifecta- it rocks. No clue about the 51t.

The lockup with my trifecta is absolutely rock solid. I love that system.

As for sound signature - I'd say its much like a nailgun. Somewhere between 22LR and 22mag. Actually, it sounds a lot like a sheet of plywood standing edge on falling on another sheet of plywood to me. I really notice the buffer spring noise now.

A little front heavy, but any supressor is compared to a flash hider...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Fully agree with this.  It locks up very solid.  In fact, when you first get it, install and remove a few times without really tightening it extensively.  If you really tighten it a lot, there is so much friction that it is tough to get it off the Trifecta mount.  You don't need to crank on it to tighten it on.  Once you install/remove a few times, it wears in and is stupid-easy-lazy to put on and take off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys who have Sakers already need to post pics. I won't get mine for another 5 months or so.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You guys who have Sakers already need to post pics. I won't get mine for another 5 months or so.
View Quote

Maybe just a tease?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe the terminology is confusing. I'm saying the SilencerCo MAAD mount for AAC's 51t FH/brake is better than AAC's native 51t silencers. I'll edit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry I was not thinking right. Now I see what you are saying.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:11:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I feel special.  I have a serial number below 50...
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Have you guys shot the saker side by side with aac-surefire?? Any big difference?
What was you POI shift on the saker???
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Have not shot it next to an AAC or Surefire.

Check out SilencerShop's blog on it vs. M4-2k.

There is this video too.

AR15.com opinion.  Info.

I haven't done POI shift yet, due to still setting up gas settings I want, i.e. work getting in the way of range time.

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fully agree with this.  It locks up very solid.  In fact, when you first get it, install and remove a few times without really tightening it extensively.  If you really tighten it a lot, there is so much friction that it is tough to get it off the Trifecta mount.  You don't need to crank on it to tighten it on.  Once you install/remove a few times, it wears in and is stupid-easy-lazy to put on and take off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't locktite or sufficiently tighten my my mount when screwing around after I first got it and unscrewed mount and all. Took a bit of effort to separate the mount and can, but it was sure motivation to do it right instead of half-assed...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top