Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 9:48:10 PM EDT
I did a search, and found nothing, so forgive me if this has been asked before.  

I'm thinking of getting this for my 2 AR's.  One is a varmint style AR, that I want maximum accuracy for, and the other is a light weight combat type AR that will only see occasional suppressed use and needs to have a functional FH the rest of the time.  Im leaning towards some sort of brake attach / FH attach can for these 2 AR's as to make it easier to move the can between the 2 guns.  

So any feed back on this model ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I have one so Ill throw out my 2 cents. First off, I was unlucky and had bad end cap welds which caused the baffle stack to go flying out.  YHM repaired the can for me and it is good to go now.  I was very pleased with their customer service on the repair.  In my opinion the can is heavy, rugged, reliable (*now), mounts up well, and is a great can for the price.  The mounts are not the best looking to say the least, but they are cheaper than others and allow the can to be swapped on to other rifles relatively quickly.  The break mount QD is loud.....I mean really loud.  I would go with it only if you are going to run the can on an SBR, that you plan on only shooting suppressed.  The break mount adds a little protection to the first baffle (at least that is my understanding).  Otherwise, I would go with the flash-hider mounts.  If I was going to buy another can would I buy a YHM?  Yes, and I did, their M2 308 can.  If this is going to be your only can you ever buy (LOL good luck with that), you may want to save up and buy a surefire, KAC, or AAC, but their is nothing wrong with the YHM as long as you dont mind the added weight.  

TL/DR, Heavy, Rugged, Reliable, Inexpensive.  

Here is a youtube video on a YHM SS QD but in 7.62, the same principals all apply to the 5.56 can.  Really a good review so watch it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmLXw3OhW7Y
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You mention heavy, but I am confused, as YHM's site says it only weighs 12oz.

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=166

Do you have the SS version?

As far as the mounts go, I plan to only use the FH mount, and not the brake mounts.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You mention heavy, but I am confused, as YHM's site says it only ways 12oz.

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=166

Do you have the SS version?

As far as the mounts go, I plan to only use the FH mount, and not the brake mounts.
View Quote

My bad OP, I did not realize you were talking about the Ti. one.  I have the stainless can. Reading....I should do it more often.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're going to get a can, get one that will provide max usage for you. I recommend (and personally own) the YHM 30 cal QD SS. Its rated to 300 win mag and full auto. It is heavier than the Ti ones, but I can use it on everything I own. If weight is a problem, go work out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're going to get a can, get one that will provide max usage for you. I recommend (and personally own) the YHM 30 cal QD SS. Its rated to 300 win mag and full auto. It is heavier than the Ti ones, but I can use it on everything I own. If weight is a problem, go work out.
View Quote

I already have a 30 cal can, I'm looking for an AR specific can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Well, I can only split the difference for you then; I have a YHM Ti Phantom .30.  It is lightweight, and the mounting system is rock solid.  The mounts are cheaper than the competitors as well.  It currently bounces around onto 3 different ARs, and I am checking if the Ti can handle my 30.06 hunting rifle.

Not sure if you plan to do a lot of mag dumps or full auto, but if you do, you might want to consider a non Ti can.  Since YHM doesn't recommend full auto in their Ti series (at least continuously), that I am aware at least.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The YHM Brakes are LOUD!!!.  I have one on my 11.5" 5.56 SBR and you can feel it standing behind the shooter.  It will clear the firing line.

My YHM 7.62 Ti can is still waiting on the From 3 to Clear.

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have the 556 version, but I do have the 762 Ti. IMO, it's a great can, especially if you plan on hunting with it as it is also very light and you won't notice the weight as much as the SS version when lugging it around out in the field. The only downside is that it is not very good for continuous use without some time in between to let it cool down.

Some people think the mounts are ugly, I personally think they are fine. For me, 90% of the time, the suppressor is on the gun so you don't see the mount anyways.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Not too worried about the rate of fire, my biggest concern is how much it might affect accuracy.  I've been spoiled by my TBAC 30P-1, there's absolutely no change in POI, or overall accuracy at all with it.  I just want a 223 can that I can attach to a flash hider, thats why I was thinking about this model, and wanted some feed back from people who might own it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top