Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 1:18:33 PM EDT
I first got the stamp in the mail, 7.62mm, will be used for 300aacblk, and 308., 223, etc, etc....

I carved both endcaps out of Grade 5 titanium.

The tube is Grade 9 titanium.

This is the blast baffle, all baffles were carved from 316L stainless steel

blast baffle

The blast chamber spacer and the next chambers spacer were made from grade 9 Titanium tube.

Everything fit together nicely, and alignment was concentric

Next came the baffle stack, some photos in process

And a couple of videos of the baffle carving process, sorry, someone else will have to post the links.

outer machining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXIomcxPFo&feature=c4-overview&list=UURK03PRUtjcJHkBHqn30j0A

inner machining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8-_3FQ2_t0&feature=c4-overview&list=UURK03PRUtjcJHkBHqn30j0A

And, several hours at the lathe later

Total weight all parts.  23.1oz

Masked, degreased, media blasted, degreased some more, spray coated with moly resin, cured in oven, and put to work.

300 blackout SBR with suppressor

Hope you enjoyed my form 1 thread.  Oh, it's quiet too.  right up there with my SDN6, can't tell a difference by ear.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
That's very cool!  I wish I had the tools and knowledge to do that...maybe someday
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice bud. Just wondering, but what do you think you have in that project minus your $200 tax stamp?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice bud. Just wondering, but what do you think you have in that project minus your $200 tax stamp?
View Quote

$100 in raw materials.  60ish hours of my time.  And the priceless feeling of being able to make my own silencers.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
great thread. thanks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent post. What size tubing did you use for the main tube? My FIL just built a form 1 300blk integral and I want I do a can very similar to yours. Paperwork just went out so I have quite a while to plan!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excellent post. What size tubing did you use for the main tube? My FIL just built a form 1 300blk integral and I want I do a can very similar to yours. Paperwork just went out so I have quite a while to plan!
View Quote

1.5" OD, .070" thickness.  Threads for endcaps were 28pitch.  Could have gone bigger, but my gear box was set on 28 from a previous project
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top