Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 7:16:29 AM EDT
I know to use clear wire pull lube (got plenty of that at work) but how much do I use and how do I introduce it into the suppressor?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Just pour some water or squeeze some pulling gel in. Don't need a lot. I usually just pour water in my can, then pour all the excess out. You don't need much.

There's no wrong or right way to do it, you're over thinking it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!

So, do I pour it in through the front or rear of the suppressor? On or off the host firearm? If I am using the wire pull lube, do I roll it around or shake it to distribute it throughout the interior? I don't want to create any sort of obstruction.

Thanks again.

ETA- BTW Andrew, I LOVE my SS Sparrow. It reinvented the .22 rimfire for me and my Wife shoots more because she doesn't have to wear hearing protection which she has always complained messes with her equilibrium and makes her feel sea-sick.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just pour some water or squeeze some pulling gel in. Don't need a lot. I usually just pour water in my can, then pour all the excess out. You don't need much.

There's no wrong or right way to do it, you're over thinking it.
View Quote

There is a wrong way to do it.  You don't want to obscure the bore axis.  Plopping a big blob of wire pullin gel into the blast chamber may not end well for your investment.  While the air column formed by the bullet pushing the air out of the barrel may clear the obstruction, it may not. OP...unthread from firearm, place 3 or 4 small dots of gel adjcent to each other keeping the bore axis clear, and thread back onto your firearm.  That or use water and either measure out approx 5cc and dump it into the blast chamber or dip the can in water and shake it out good.  Keep in mind that you should remove the can and lube the threads on it and your firearm when you're done to prevent rusting when using water, and with gel or grease the shooter has a nasty habit of wearing some of it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I found that using a larger plastic irrigation syringe works well at getting the liquid in the can and you can also measure amount with them.  You can sometimes find them at farm supply stores in the livestock/animal care section.

They look like this:

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#6]
A spray from an Afrin (or whatever) nasal spray bottle filled with water works well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#7]
My Sparrow is attached to the P22, chamber empty. I tip the muzzle of the suppressor up and let 4-5 drops of water drip off my finger into the Sparrow. I give it a little shake and commence shooting. IME, the first round is quite a bit quieter than shooting the first shot "dry"..
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Diet Dr Pepper

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#9]
On my Sparrow and .450sprey, I have used wire pull gel, and put it at the muzzle end then shot the gun.

So I can put the gel or water at the muzzle end and it works just as well?

That would be easier for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top