Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2013 8:17:13 PM EDT

Good afternoon,

I want to inform you that the Chair of the Ohio House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee, Rep. Dave Hall, has called for Proponent Testimony on House Bill 234, the hunting with gun suppressors legislation. Representative Cheryl Grossman requested that I reach out to you in order to invite you to provide testimony to the committee next week –Tuesday, October 29th at 10:00am in Statehouse Room 116.

You are welcome to provide written testimony (which you can email directly to me by Mon., 10/28 at 2pm) and/or spoken testimony during committee (where you are able to appear at the time listed above, fill out a form indicating your presence and desire to speak; no written statement is required to speak).

Please let me know if you are interested and available to provide testimony on HB 234 no later than Monday, October 28th at 2:00pm as I will need to inform the Chairman.

Thank you for your support on this legislation!

Alisa Vidulich

Senior Legislative Aide

Rep. Cheryl Grossman, Majority Whip

Ohio House of Representatives, District 23

(614) 466-9690

[email protected]

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a shame that the general public and those firearms owners, not necessarily enthusiast, have such little understanding of suppressors that it takes a legislative hearing to decide the effective and lawful use of a suppressor.  My God, its a muffler.  Thanks hollywood.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a shame that the general public and those firearms owners, not necessarily enthusiast, have such little understanding of suppressors that it takes a legislative hearing to decide the effective and lawful use of a suppressor.  My God, its a muffler.  Thanks hollywood.
View Quote

I wouldn't even know what to say if I were to attend something like that. Whatever the argument they have against suppressors has to be so far fetched that I would be in awe of their stupidity.

I'm hoping to they start allowing them in Ohio; I grew up in the state I'm glad to see they are making some progress in firearm laws. I'm still waiting on my first suppressor, which ironically I bought because Arizona changed the laws and allow hunting with them now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Wish I would have heard about this sooner. I would have tried to change my schedule and put together some stats to try and educate them. If anyone partakes, I wish you the best of luck.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear you guys are getting an opportunity. We just had suppressors made legal for hunting in NC Oct 1.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wouldn't even know what to say if I were to attend something like that. Whatever the argument they have against suppressors has to be so far fetched that I would be in awe of their stupidity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. This is what im talking about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top