Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2013 7:37:37 AM EDT
Hello,

I already have full sized 223/556 and 30 Cal cans, so I'm looking to purchase a mini 223/556 can.  I'm leaning towards the Surefire Mini primarily because of the chart below I found on their site.  

I'm not up to speed on the Surefire cans so any comments on materials, build quality(fully welded) and longevity will be much appreciated.

http://www.surefire.com/suppressor-comparison-chart
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd lean towards mount compatibility before worrying about a few Db's.  What cans are you running now?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Surefire Mini which I run on an 11.5 BCM.  I love how short and light it is.  Not much front weight to throw off your balance.  As far as sound reduction..To the shooter i have no doubt that it isn't safe but to those around you, no problem.  It does eliminate flash and muzzle blast.  It still is a world a difference in sound though. I have roughly 600 rounds through it.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agree. Buy whatever works with your other mounts, if possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd lean towards mount compatibility before worrying about a few Db's.  What cans are you running now?

Agree. Buy whatever works with your other mounts, if possible.

Much truth to this.  If you've got more than three AR's the new muzzle devices could cost you close to, or more than 2/3rds the cost of the can...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
why are you set on a Mini?  i have an AAC M4-2000 and love the thing, i don't see how much benefit taking 2in off of that can would get me.  i am correct in thinking that the mini is just a shorter 2000?  

i also say take into consideration mount and compatibility with your other rifles.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I already have an AAC 762-SD, and a Saker that's pending.

Anyone know the main difference between the SF Mini and the SF Mini Socom?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm assuming you're talking about the Legacy Mini and the new Mini SOCOM.

Basically, the Legacy Mini (Read as just Mini) is the previous version of the SF can, before they released the SOCOM line in 2012.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#8]
the legacy and SOCOM mounts are NOT compatible IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:19:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The weight and length metrics are basically the same.  As I understand it, the SOCOM cans weigh a bit more (0.5-1.0 ozs), have a better mounting system (less carbon build up), have a difference end cap, and are vented to reduce back pressure.

The mini's are cool and I guess they can play a role for some (it depends what you are after), but with the SOCOMs in 5.56, you're only saving 1.2 inches and 2.5 ozs (full size vs mini)

ETA:  The SOCOMs also have a lower MSRP.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the legacy and SOCOM mounts are NOT compatible IIRC.
View Quote

The SOCOMs will fit on the legacy mounts but will not index properly and therefore can spin freely on the mounts, so no bueno.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#11]
My local dealer has a legacy Mini Monster for $250 less than a SOCOM Mini Monster.  Is $250 worth the effort in getting the newer SOCOM model?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the Surefire MINI and like it allot. I also have a full size 30 cal can. I didn't want to stick a longer can on an SBR and it does it's job.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top