Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2013 6:33:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Silencerco Sparrow SS and SWR Spectre II (or Warlock II in aluminum) are the top .22 cans right now, mainly because of how easy they are to clean.

Since I believe the features making them so much easier are patented, other than mo bettah quieter I don't see much in the way of improvements.

EDIT: I took this for another forum yesterday, but it shows the difference between a Sparrow SS, Liberty Kodiak TL and Liberty Mystic.

Those clamshells are amazing. Zero tools needed to take apart. A stiff wire brush, Hoppes #9 and a quarter in vice grips is all I use to clean them. The core gets hit with a 30 caliber bore brush to knock off the crud but I don't keep it like new.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Any of the Liberty cans, the SS Sparrow are all GOOD Suppressors. The Liberty offerings have great tone, very little FRP and are pretty good on the blowback. The Sparrow is SUPER easy to take apart and clean and has a pretty noticeable FRP.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
SS Sparrow and SWR Spectre II are pretty much the best goto .22 cans around here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#5]
No love for the AAC Element II?  I have one sitting in ATF purgatory.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't worry, you'll be happy with it's performance, just don't expect to clean it as easy as a SS Sparrow or SWR Spectre II.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah...what performance gains can really be made at this point?  As said above, the SWR, Liberty, and Silencerco offerings are all quite good and interchangeable.  I have the SS Sparrow myself, and I can't see ever needing another .22 suppressor.  It's already dead quiet for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The YHM Stinger just came out and looks to be very similar in principle to the CTA design in the Spectre/Warlock. I imagine it should perform very well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't worry, you'll be happy with it's performance, just don't expect to clean it as easy as a SS Sparrow or SWR Spectre II.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just hit it with the dip.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I hear the Ryder is coming out soon.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The YHM Stinger just came out and looks to be very similar in principle to the CTA design in the Spectre/Warlock. I imagine it should perform very well.
View Quote

I saw that too. It is very close in length, weight, and cost to the Spectre II, but lacks the versatility in calibers found with the Spectre.  I'm sure it will do well, but I would go Spectre II again if given the option.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, that shit ain't funny, I gave a well known dealer(at the time) my cash and let him hold it hostage for two years until nothing was said about it this year at Shot Show, then the dealer was kind enough to let me apply that money to a suppressor that was actually manufactured and on the shelf. Lesson learned, albeit a hard lesson.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hey, that shit ain't funny, I gave a well known dealer(at the time) my cash and let him hold it hostage for two years until nothing was said about it this year at Shot Show, then the dealer was kind enough to let me apply that money to a suppressor that was actually manufactured and on the shelf. Lesson learned, albeit a hard lesson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably took that long to learn how to disassemble and reassemble it
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the Warlock II and enjoy it. Very quiet and easy to clean.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a  Prodigy with the Gen 3 upgraded core.  I have it mounted to a CZ Kadet.  Combo work perfectly.  If buying a Prodigy, The disassembly tool is a MUST.  Can is very lite and functions great. Wanted a SS sparrow and it wasn't in stock at the time. Dealer had the Prodigy in stock.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a  Prodigy with the Gen 3 upgraded core.  I have it mounted to a CZ Kadet.  Combo work perfectly.  If buying a Prodigy, The disassembly tool is a MUST.  Can is very lite and functions great. Wanted a SS sparrow and it wasn't in stock at the time. Dealer had the Prodigy in stock.
View Quote

Love my Prodigy but if you don't have the tool I would hate it.  AAC should include the dis assembly tool with the can.  They do with the Element 2 IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:04:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a SS sparrow and love it. I want a seconded rim fire can so going to buy a warlock II next.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Why go with something new and unproven? The warlock, specter and sparrow are all awesome and with the warlock starting at like >$250 I don't see why anyone would want anything else.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why go with something new and unproven? The warlock, specter and sparrow are all awesome and with the warlock starting at like >$250 I don't see why anyone would want anything else.
View Quote

I think it's always a good idea to keep an open mind. Healthy competition drives innovation and the more manufacturers that support the business, the better. The new YHM Stinger looks like a great can and is priced between the Spectre and Sparrow, thinking seriously about picking one up and I already have a Sparrow and two Spectre II's.....
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Sure - find a nice brand new can on the market and in 12 months when your stamp comes back it will no longer be new!
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Can't wait till my SS Sparrow gets out of jail!
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. OP is asking about new, then going back to old & busted.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one in jail also.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have one in jail also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one in jail also.

Me too.

For 10 months now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Sparrow ss shooter here, love it
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Whatever happened to that talk of the Surefire .22 suppressor?

Link Posted: 10/17/2013 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I saw that too. It is very close in length, weight, and cost to the Spectre II, but lacks the versatility in calibers found with the Spectre.  I'm sure it will do well, but I would go Spectre II again if given the option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've shot neither and tend to agree that the Spectre is the better buy... but it's close enough that I'd buy the YHM first if it was in stock.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Any word on the TS Axiom??  A co-worker has one pending.

Axiom
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Axiom
View Quote
How can they possibly claim "patent pending split tube technology" when I'm 99.9% sure thats a patented silencerco feature?

Link Posted: 10/17/2013 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How can they possibly claim "patent pending split tube technology" when I'm 99.9% sure thats a patented silencerco feature?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Axiom

Looks to be a split tube, not two halves.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Axiom

Seems like it would be pretty difficult to remove the "split tube" from the outer tube once dirty... there appears to be no lip or overlap where the two halves come together.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Next up, spiral cut. Maybe baffles in a slinky in a tube,
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee382/Kudu22/P22_insides_3.jpg
View Quote

Just posted on their Facebook tonight, says they're in production as we speak.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/607/7yhr.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee382/Kudu22/P22_insides_3.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/607/7yhr.jpg

Wow, I remember shooting this way back in 2011 at Shot.  I'll believe it when I see it....just like every other Surefire flashlight.  Maybe 2016.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#38]
They said this was the 22-A pictured, I would guess it's an all aluminum version. The picture posted earlier in the thread was the 22-S, looks like it's all stainless. I haven't seen any advertised sound testing. My Google-Fu might not be as strong as others.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Give Liberty a call and talk to them and ask if they have something new in .22LR in the works?    
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I've shot neither and tend to agree that the Spectre is the better buy... but it's close enough that I'd buy the YHM first if it was in stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno - to me the baffles look more like the caged-K design of the Gem-tech Alpine:

where the skirt slides into the extension of the plate on the next baffle.

IMHO, as an Alpine owner, the design isn't quite as good as the Spectre II. Although the stack comes out of the tube easily enough, debris still goes through the port and ends up on the underside of the skirt where it builds up and wedges against the skirt; this makes pulling the baffles apart difficult if you don't clean it on a frequent basis.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like YHM just licensed the baffle design from Silencerco.
Wonder what it sounds like.

Either way, I still think the Spectre II is the best looking .22 out there.

JMHO
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#42]
dont know about anything new coming out, but you cant go wrong w/ either:
Silencerco Sparrow SS
SWR Spectre II

both allow for multiple calibers
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What's the deal with aac' s prodigy can?
View Quote

I have a GEN 2 with the gen 3 core upgrade and I love it on my 16" 10/22 with CCI subsonics. It is okay (hearing safe) on pistols.

Pros: Lightweight, monocore, excellent on rifles.
Cons: Aluminum, cost, hard to disassemble.

ETA: I bought a tool from "st33v0" on Silencertalk. He started making them himself because when AAC wouldn't.
http://www.bellresources.org/portal/index.php/products/
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Gemtech just announced their new GM-22. It's on their website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top