Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 5:23:44 AM EDT
I've had fun with the new can (my 1st) a YHM Phanton 223/556 on my 14.5 but the one thing that bothers me is the gas blow back in my face. I was shooting a match weekend before last (my first with the can) where on one run we had to go prone for some longrange shots & the gas was going under my glasses & causing my eyes to water really messing up my shooting.
Is there somthing I can do to avoid this, play with my gas system, use different power, etc?

Anyone else have this problem, is it common?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a common problem. I use a PRI Gasbuster charging handle and it works pretty well.
Link
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Or modify your current charging handle or your forward assist .
a link to what I was talking about mod ch
and gas vent FA
and here is a low pro adj gasblock pri
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm I currently use a amdi Raptor charging handle that I really like, was not wanting to get rid of it but gas in the face sucks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Or get an adjustable gas block and fix several problems at once. No gas blow back, cleaner bolt and upper, even less recoil for faster follow-up shots.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep a adjustable gas block seems like what I need just need to find one that will fit under my slim 13.5 GPI rail that I can get to & adjust.

So which adjustable gas block do I want, it will be under my rail so it needs to be small?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a common problem. I use a PRI Gasbuster charging handle and it works pretty well.
Link
View Quote

This is the easy sure fix.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Go with either the Syrac Ord. or SLR block. They are both really lo profile plus they lock into position so you don't have to worry about it moving.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep a adjustable gas block seems like what I need just need to find one that will fit under my slim 13.5 GPI rail that I can get to & adjust.

So which adjustable gas block do I want, it will be under my rail so it needs to be small?
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top