Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2013 7:20:41 AM EDT
Seems like the H&R/AAC 300 BO Single Shot has been a success.  It has helped promote a new round and offered a cheap alternative for entry into shooting this caliber.  However, I still feel in the world of suppression and hunting the manufactures are a sleep.  Why not a optics/accessory friendly single shot pistol that is suppressor ready?  H&R is making a new multi cal single shot 11"  Wizard pistol, but it's debuting with the likes of 22-250 and 243.  I like to carry a long arm while hunting, but may occasionally want to climb a tree or other vantage point and take stealthy shots...having a handgun like this would be nice.   Would you buy an inexpensive single shot pistol similar to what AAC has marketed?  If so what calibers would be your top choice (38/357, 44S/44M?, 410/45C/454?)? I believe this market would open up beyond just the hunters.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I would prefer a lever action the calibers you listed

wait a sec, what about a lever action 300blk just be sure to load some round nose bullets

on the pistol subject I would rather use a 10mm in say a Glock 20 toss some heavy lead threw the can
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I would prefer a lever action the calibers you listed

wait a sec, what about a lever action 300blk just be sure to load some round nose bullets

on the pistol subject I would rather use a 10mm in say a Glock 20 toss some heavy lead threw the can

What is the heaviest you can go in 10mm....230gr?  At subsonic levels BCs are near meaningless, I'd rather go 45 and be able to throw more weight for hunting purposes.   I would have thought    a compact, relatively powerful, quiet tree climbing pistol would sell more than the 11" 22-250, but doesn't seem like a supported idea here either....sounds like a custom project.  Without a rim the 300BO isn't the best design for a lever.  I'd rather just keep my 308 AR10 and manually use the bolt with subs.....more universal and practical.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
You could go  Contender pistol in 357 (or max)  and load heavy like 250gr while still staying quiet (unlike 10mm)

If semi is legal to hunt, I'd go 300BLK AR pistol all the way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You could go  Contender pistol in 357 (or max)  and load heavy like 250gr while still staying quiet (unlike 10mm)

If semi is legal to hunt, I'd go 300BLK AR pistol all the way.

I've seriously thought about a 300BO AR pistol, but then availibility and prices got stupid. You can get a single shot pistol capable of shooting stouter sub loads for $300.  As popular as the new cal AAC H&R Handi is, surprised so few want a pistol option with a more available subsonic load.   Wow!  250gr 357....is this a special bullet mold?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
.   Wow!  250gr 357....is this a special bullet mold?

No, you can buy them, I've seen people go up to 300 but you have to remember most barrel twist rates are for a 158gr.

I agree that somebody should make a bolt pistol with a fast twist.

BTW, forgot to mention the lever 357-45LC pistols.

ALSO, read this thread to get more Ideas.  http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=357317
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top