Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:35:22 AM EDT
Customer service.

I am someone baffled (sorry couldn't resist) by the maintenance of these guys and honestly, whoever has the most flawless larue-level CS, will get my hard earned dollars.

I bring this up in terms of AAC.
AAC being part of a conglomerate REALLY worries me long term CS wise (e.g. how much personal attention can megacorp give one li'l customer?), should it?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy the best suppressor you can afford in so that CS is never an issue.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
If only that would work.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd get the best performing can for the money.

That said, what type of can? What do you want to do with it? I like the simplicity of attaching the Griffin M4-SD.  But right now I want one can for different calibers, and Griffin doesnt make that in a 30 call can.

I have heard Yankee HIll has awesome customer service. I've called witha  few questions and have been pleased with their responses, and that a person actually answers the phone.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd get the best performing can for the money.

That said, what type of can? What do you want to do with it? I like the simplicity of attaching the Griffin M4-SD.  But right now I want one can for different calibers, and Griffin doesnt make that in a 30 call can.

I have heard Yankee HIll has awesome customer service. I've called witha  few questions and have been pleased with their responses, and that a person actually answers the phone.

You said but the best can for the money ten to on to talk about Griffin and YHM... ?????? Both budget options.

OP: AAC hasn't been able to ship anything from last year's SHOT show let alone the one coming up in Jan. If CS is important to you I would buy from the shops you know will be around in a few years. Surefire and Silencerco have excellent customer service, are shipping product, and will be around for a long time. If you need 30cal then Surefire is the best option which isn't cheap but has the best mount out of anyone.

SiCo should shipping the saker about know and I suspect the 30cal version should be coming soon.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to start with a 9mm handgun supressor and then a 223 rifle supressor.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I did the same thing.  I started off with a Gemtech Multi Mount, then 2 yrs later I went with a Gemtech Halo.  I've been very pleased so far.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Silencerco has some of the best CS around!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Another Gemtech Multimount owner here.

I initially went with Gemtech because my dealer stocked them and had them on hand, but I've had a few dealings with Gemtech both through their CS and on web forums and they are top notch.

But while I agree that good customer service is a very high priority in selection, I believe that dealer stock trumps it. My local dealer stocks Gemtech cans and parts and in most circumstances has always had what I needed on hand or he could order it fast and cheap. I ordered another suppressor through him of a brand he didn't carry and it seemed like ages for the maker to have some available then the wait for the form 3 then the wait for the form 4, and on top of that my dealer didn't stock any of the mounts or parts so I had to scrounge those myself. I know in the age of the internet that is not such a big deal but when you go shooting and something either breaks or you need a part RFN it always helps to have a local source.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I have all Gemtech for centerfire rifle cans and several of my 22 and 9mm suppressors are Gemtech.  I've been very happy with them.  Not to say it's the standard for them to repair customer caused issues free of charge, but they have helped me out several times when they didn't have to for free.

On the occasion that I had a manufacturer defect it was taken care of very quickly.  

Have had equally as impressive service from SilencerCo, YHM, Thompson Machine, SWR and though they aren't a suppressor manufacturer - ADCO.  These are all companies I wouldn't hesitate to do business with in light of my experience with them.

When it comes to in stock cans I have the opinion to get exactly what you want.  Do your research and figure out what you want.  If you have to order it on a Form 3 then do it.  In several years you won't remember who had what in stock.  A suppressor is for all intents and purposes a life time purchase. You'll just be happy that you got the best one you could.  Immediate gratification often doesn't pay as well as planning and patience in the long run.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Silencerco has some of the best CS around!

THIS! I have been blown away by the level of service I have gotten from them! great guys to deal with and great company to support. now that SWR has moved in with them I would suspect that their CS would be the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top