Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 5:29:47 PM EDT
who uses a 22 conversion in their rifle with 5.56 suppressor? Any serious concerns about me using a cmmg 22 kit in my 10.5 suppressed ?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
i shoot the hell out of my SBR like that with my AAC M4-2000.  i shoot gemtech subs mostly and you won't have a problem.

now if you plan on shooting 10,000 cheap 22lrs through it that may gunk it up, if you are really worried use some solvents to clean it out after you use it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot CCI standards though my non SS Phantom whenever I get out to shoot.
I always try & run a mag of 5.56mm though it afterwards to burn out the unburnt powder & lead.

YHM's policy says shooting .22's though their cans WILL NOT void the warranty.

If it ever starts to get louder, I'll just send it back to get it rebuilt. Free of charge.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I read it is not advisable shooting .22 thru a sealed can. Their are 556 cans that are user serviceable.

Huntertown Arms Kestrel 556
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
From what I read it is not advisable shooting .22 thru a sealed can. Their are 556 cans that are user serviceable.

Minimum barrel length for 5.56 - Any

WOW! Wish I would have known about this can when I purchased my Phantom.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I use my Gemtech Halo for 5.56mm and .22LR and it works fine.

Here is Gemtech's advice on using their .22 caliber suppressors for .22LR use.

GEMTECH Response:

Can I shoot .22LR or other rimfire calibers through my 5.56mm suppressor?
Yes, any of our 5.56mm suppressor can be used on .22LR weapons, including AR-15 type rifles using Ceiner or other brand conversion kits.

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=7#23

Can't hot link, cut and paste.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I like there idea about it being user serviceable. The serial is on the first couple inches of the can and is threaded in the middle. If theres an end strike, the end can be replaced easly without replacing the whole can. I ordered the Kestrel 22 and Kestrel 556. They are coming out with a Kestrel 9 and a Kestrel 308 soon I hope. The reviews seem favorable but dont seem to find any numbers on noise reduction. Hope that helps.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use my Gemtech Halo for 5.56mm and .22LR and it works fine.

Here is Gemtech's advice on using their .22 caliber suppressors for .22LR use.

GEMTECH Response:

Can I shoot .22LR or other rimfire calibers through my 5.56mm suppressor?
Yes, any of our 5.56mm suppressor can be used on .22LR weapons, including AR-15 type rifles using Ceiner or other brand conversion kits.

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=7#23

Can't hot link, cut and paste.

I have a Halo myself.  I've called Gemtech numerous times for stupid questions.  I've asked this question and the answer has always been to shoot it as much as I want.  Sure 22's are dirtier, and if that is a concern I can always run 10 or so rounds of 5.56 afterwards.   Rather than the company trying to upsell me another can, they've always said that my Halo will be just fine.  If there's ever a doubt I can always send it in later for servicing.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I've shot Aguilla 60gr SSS 22lr through my Ops Inc 12th model without any apparent problems.  I always try to shoot a box of 223/5.56 through the can when I'm done though to blow out the crud.  The one concern I have is lead build-up in the can.  I try to limit my 22lr through the can only when I'm trying to demonstrate what sub-sonic ammo sounds like through a can––like a pellet gun
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I like there idea about it being user serviceable. The serial is on the first couple inches of the can and is threaded in the middle. If theres an end strike, the end can be replaced easly without replacing the whole can. I ordered the Kestrel 22 and Kestrel 556. They are coming out with a Kestrel 9 and a Kestrel 308 soon I hope. The reviews seem favorable but dont seem to find any numbers on noise reduction. Hope that helps.

I am running the kestrel on  my 9.25" m16.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am running the kestrel on  my 9.25" m16.

How do you like it? A ny up or down side? I have the Kestrel 22 and Kestrel 556 pend now. Just curious how they preform.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#11]
It's not bad.  This is a loud platform and the an does a good job on it.

I have sold a few and the owners like them a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top