Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2012 2:59:30 PM EDT
Is the brakeout less obnoxious than the muzzle break?

I have the muzzle break on a 12.5 and I like to shoot it both suppressed and unsuppressed. The brake is just annoying loud.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel you. The only time I shoot my 11.5 unsupressed is when I am showing someone my supressor for the 1st time. For me it isn't the sound but more the "slap in the face" percussion. My baffles still look great in my supressor though and there is noticeable wear on the break so it is doing it's job.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here. I almost wanna go to the flash hider just because its so anmoying

I don't shoot it unsuppressed a lot. But its fun to switch it up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured AAC may have made the brakeout that loud on purpose, so that their suppressors would seem that much more quiet...  Guess it's a
great marketing tool, cause I bought one too.  I think I could put tannerite on the end of my barrel and it wouldn't be any louder than that damn brake....  I think I'm going to try out the flash hider also.  Good luck
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 5:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the Breakout any more quiet?  I'm getting ready to buy  something to attach my SDN-6 so this topic is very revelant.  The comps - are they more or less loud than something like the Battle Comp?  That's what I have right now and really like it but obviously need something for the suppressor to attach to and don't want to spend the $$$$$ to have a modified BC to accept the can.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is the brakeout less obnoxious than the muzzle break?

I have the muzzle break on a 12.5 and I like to shoot it both suppressed and unsuppressed. The brake is just annoying loud.

PM Sent to see if you want to trade for aac brake out flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
why dont you get a gun with a longer barrel lol     that has always ben the trade off with SBRs
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
My bro has the muzzlebrake on an 11.5" rig. Thing will knock my hat off if I'm standing even 5 feet to the side of him.  But when I shoot it and I'm behind it..I don't think its really all that obnoxiously loud or concussive compared to any brake really.  11.5" guns are loud..no matter what you put on them..

I personally like the brake.  I like to keep the muzzle as flat as possible, even if it means its concussive to the dude next to me.  Both my bro and I ran some drills where I stood beside him mainly so I could get used tot he concussion blasting me in the face as I focused on targets.  Not bad honestly.  If its too much to handle with buddies around..throw the can on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#8]
You're running a muzzle brake on a short barreled rifle.

It is going to be obnoxiously loud.  That's the trade-off you made for having a short barreled rifle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is going to be obnoxiously loud.  That's the trade-off you made for having a short barreled rifle.

This. Plus, that's the trade off the OP made when he decided to buy an effective muzzle brake. Muzzle brakes work by deflecting the muzzle blast backwards and out to the side. The more they do this, the more effective they are, an the more they protect the silencer. And the more effective they are, the louder they are to the shooter and bystanders.

5.56 is the wrong caliber for an SBR, and this is one of the reasons why. 300 BLK, and other similar calibers with low case capacity to bore ratios, is way more efficient in short barrels.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#10]
For shorter upper, the muzzle brake is like another baffle in your suppressor that's why it's better to use the muzzle mount, but its too loud to shoot unsuppressed... So it's like a trade off.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Plus, that's the trade off the OP made when he decided to buy an effective muzzle brake. Muzzle brakes work by deflecting the muzzle blast backwards and out to the side. The more they do this, the more effective they are, an the more they protect the silencer. And the more effective they are, the louder they are to the shooter and bystanders.

5.56 is the wrong caliber for an SBR, and this is one of the reasons why. 300 BLK, and other similar calibers with low case capacity to bore ratios, is way more efficient in short barrels.

How dare you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top