Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2012 6:19:14 AM EDT
Interesting sort of.

Econo Can

ETA:  Of course I'd never buy into this.  Horrible ergonomics and see how the 5.45X39 vents all over all the can.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Sir,

Of course it's interesting...

What's your point?

~WTS
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sir,

What's your point?

~WTS

Its nice to not having to EVER worry about baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sir,

What's your point?

~WTS

Its nice to not having to EVER worry about baffle strikes.

Most filters are cardboard inside and wont last all that long + the filter is registered as the silencer with serial numbers on it
so you cant just go down to the auto parts store and purchase another to use when the registered one wears out.
The filter is also considered the tube of the suppressor and cannot be replaced without getting another tax stamp.
Small 22 lr will last longer than a rifle round like 223

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm the way I understood it was that the adapter was the registered part and you could change filters as needed. If that is not the case then this is not as good as it sounded.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The filter is not registered
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The filter is not registered

Then it would not be per ATF rules just like the soda bottle adapter that ATF put a stop too.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hmm the way I understood it was that the adapter was the registered part and you could change filters as needed. If that is not the case then this is not as good as it sounded.

The filter is considered a silencer part and cannot be replaced unless you pay the price just like any other silencer.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a email response from Cadiz Gun Works
The Econo Can Suppressor the adapter part is round in shape and threads on to an oil filter for the purpose of shooting though the oil filter and working as a silencer. The adapter part also has the manufacture name Cadiz Gun Works, Jewett, OH and is serial numbered and the oil filter is serial numbered to the adapter. The Econo Can Suppressor is a NFA registered product and transfers on a form 3 to your FFL/SOT dealer. Then you do a ATF Form 4 to register to you. The cost is $75.00 plus $10.00 S&H. The Econo Can Suppressor currently comes in two different thread sizes. 1/2 x 28 right hand threads and 14x1 left hand threads and more sizes coming soon. When the Econo-Can is shipped to you it comes with the Chevy, V8, 350 oil filter attached. The oil filter is serial numbered to the adapter piece. We register it as a complete unit.
The Econo can is available and can ship to a FFL/SOT dealer in your state on a form 3. We will need a signed copy of their license. FFL/SOT may be emailed to [email protected]. If you need help locating a dealer, let me know.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Read at their web site they also sell that adapter to attach to end of your barrel so you can clean your barrel, trapping oil solvent.
Cadiz Gun Works

I dont think this will end well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 2:22:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sir,

What's your point?

~WTS

FYI - Just something different, but relevent to board interests.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sir,

What's your point?

~WTS

It's something different....

Why do you care?

~SillyTagLine

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Take your time and read it. You have to register each oil can. Thats expensive. Sure you can replace the oil can, and get away with it. It sort of implies you can just buy oil can replacements. But they sell you a oil can with a serial number. Hell you can buy the adapter as away to clean your barrel for capturing oil from your barrel (Bunch of BS if I ever did hear). It's a real bad idea if you really read the site. I wont chance my gun rights on any thing like that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Take your time and read it. You have to register each oil can. Thats expensive. Sure you can replace the oil can, and get away with it. It sort of implies you can just buy oil can replacements. But they sell you a oil can with a serial number. Hell you can buy the adapter as away to clean your barrel for capturing oil from your barrel (Bunch of BS if I ever did hear). It's a real bad idea if you really read the site. I wont chance my gun rights on any thing like that.

I remember the soda bottle adapter that was made to catch the oil/rinse from your barrel about 20 years ago, it was used as a silencer too
and soon after ATF caught on and made a new rule against it.
I'm thinking the adapters that should be used as a oil catch will get used for
for the wrong thing and soon I would think they will get banned just like the soda bottle adapters..

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember the soda bottle adapter that was made to catch the oil/rinse from your barrel about 20 years ago, it was used as a silencer too
for the wrong thing and soon I would think they will get banned just like the soda bottle adapters..

People will always try getting around the rules. They will find out its cheaper and easier to follow the rules, do it right. I just want to enjoy my sport, have fun with out trouble. ATF trouble is the last trouble I ever want.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People will always try getting around the rules. They will find out its cheaper and easier to follow the rules, do it right. I just want to enjoy my sport, have fun with out trouble. ATF trouble is the last trouble I ever want.

So So true and these days all it takes is a little trouble to loose it all.

Link Posted: 8/12/2012 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I find it funny that they sell the "solvent trap adapter" for $35 at the local shows, but you pay $75 for the registered suppressor. Their suggestion when I was talking to them was to take the trap adapter and register it as the suppressor part (serialize the adapter) and then you can replace the filter portion as it wears out. Not sure how that works with the whole "not being able to manufacture your own suppressor parts" law.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't invite The Man into your life.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah, I find it funny that they sell the "solvent trap adapter" for $35 at the local shows, but you pay $75 for the registered suppressor. Their suggestion when I was talking to them was to take the trap adapter and register it as the suppressor part (serialize the adapter) and then you can replace the filter portion as it wears out. Not sure how that works with the whole "not being able to manufacture your own suppressor parts" law.

It is funny, until your on the wrong end of the law. And you just can't replace the oil filter. On the site it says they give you a oil filter with matching serial number. Sure you can replace the filter, but I'm guessing its not legal. Its your dime but I wouldn't touch it at all. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Link Posted: 8/12/2012 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#19]
It has BAD IDEA written all over it....
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I would think that having extra filters could put you in trouble with having extra silencer parts just like you cant have extra baffles.
I smell trouble coming around the corner with this just like with the soda bottle adapters.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top