Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 12:29:45 AM EDT
I have a 16" barrel with a 12" rail and have been thinking about getting a reflex type suppressor, either the AAC SPR/M4 or the Surefire FA556AR.  It looks like the Surefire flash hider will fit my set up (it needs 2.75" of clear barrel to fit, and I have a little over 3.25" available), what about the AAC mount for the SPR/M4?  They don't really have any specific info on how much barrel is needed to mount that flash hider and can.

Also, I'm leaning more towards the Surefire, but would like to know more about the AAC, if anyone has experience with both.  I want a reflex type suppressor to minimize my overall length because I'm already bound to my state's unfriendly NFA attitude regarding barrel length.  Also, I think they look cooler  These two seem like my obvious candidates.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Noveske 16" Light Recce w/ VIS (12" Vltor monolithic upper). I have the AAC SPR/M4 flash hider installed on it. I have about 1" (maybe closer to 3/4") gap. So yes, there will be room for the SPR/M4 can (at least on my specific setup).
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a 12 inch DD Lite Rail on a bushmaster with an SPR/M4 and never had an issue with the setup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top