Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 11:48:30 AM EDT
anyone on here that has done so? I bought a 308 couple years ago to shoot 223 through it ,and yet I still don't have a 308 cal rifle today and thinking if possible to bore it out to shoot 9mm. Any inputs would be appreciated .
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
anyone on here that has done so? I bought a 308 couple years ago to shoot 223 through it ,and yet I still don't have a 308 cal rifle today and thinking if possible to bore it out to shoot 9mm. Any inputs would be appreciated .

The possibility of messing something up and voiding warranty and or destroying it all together are too great.  A dedicated 9mm suppressor is going to be so much lighter and wont hurt the wallet too much.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Changing the bore of a silencer is one of those things that requires a $200 tax be paid prior to doing so.  Even licensed manufacturers are not allowed to do with without making a new silencer.  http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-silencers.html#altered-dimensions-caliber

Just buy a 9mm can.

Ranb
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A 308 can baffles are made for high pressure, 9mm cans have baffles designed for low pressure so
chances are even if it was bored out for 9mm it may not work as well as one would think.
Purchase a 9mm can
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top