Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 6:51:09 PM EDT
Hello all,
I am going to build a 9mm AR-15 with an integral suppressor from SRT. More precisely, SRT is going to build one for me. I am going to get a dedicated 9mm lower from either DDLES, CMMG, or RRA. This brings me to my first question:
The CMMG lowers are quite a bit less expensive, has anyone had any issues with them that any of you know of? Anyone have any experience with the RRA dedicated lower?
My third question:
Since 9mm AR uppers are direct blowback, does it matter if I buy a CAR upper and have SRT put a mid-length handguard on it since the gas system will not be used?

Thanks for your time!
Cheers,
John
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You will love.  I had doug build me an SBR 9mm upper.  Its a RRA dedicated lower.  Super quiet.  Like so much im having him build me a 16" version for another RRA 9mm lower I put togather.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Johnny Likey. Same stock I am going to put on my build too, Magpul ctr no? I like the way the CMMG and DDLES dedicated lowers look a bit better since they dont have the extra metal for what looks like a .223 magwell.
-John
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Johnny Likey. Same stock I am going to put on my build too, Magpul ctr no? I like the way the CMMG and DDLES dedicated lowers look a bit better since they dont have the extra metal for what looks like a .223 magwell.
-John

Thanks.  Its every bit as fun and quiet as a suppressed 22 upper.  The bullet hits with more of a thud, but its a blast.  Yes, CTR.  I cant argue with the magwell......it is what it is, but there is only room for the 9mm mag, it runs flawlessly, and feels stout.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few integrals from SRT and all of them are quieter than any of the thread on cans that I have and I do have many to compare
If WA gets back the SBR goodness you may want to consider a lower that can be used with other caliber uppers instead
of a dedicated lower, unless you plan to do the $200 tax stamp with each lower.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a good point about getting a lower that will work for other calibers, although I dont think we have to worry about Chris Gregoire signing any legislation allowing SBRs in WA anytime soon. I have to admit I didnt think she was going to sign the law that allowed us to legally use suppressors either... Time will tell, I can only hope.
Cheers,
John
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
If they get enough votes before it goes to her it doesn't matter if she likes it =)
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If they get enough votes before it goes to her it doesn't matter if she likes it =)

Bingo!
and this is how the suppressor bill got passed

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, she actually ended up signing the suppressor bill.
Edit: Did some more reading, you were right, she did not actually sign the bill.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#9]
what does SRT usually run for an average 9mm upper?  i'm just talking about the stuff they do, barrel, upper, bolt but not including the rail system.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
what does SRT usually run for an average 9mm upper?  i'm just talking about the stuff they do, barrel, upper, bolt but not including the rail system.

Go to his webpage and look.  Most everything is based on a customer supplied upper.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
So, back to the main topic of the thread. Anyone have any experience with the CMMG dedicated lower? How is the fit & finish?

and my third question:

Since 9mm AR uppers are direct blowback, does it matter if I buy a CAR upper and have SRT put a mid-length handguard on it since the gas system will not be used?
I would think the answer would be yes but I do not want to assume this and drop bills on an upper that will not suit my needs.

Thanks the help all.
Cheers,
John
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Send the barrel and any length floating hand guard that the SRT muffler will fit inside + the barrel nut that works with that hand guard
as it will go on the barrel before the muffler.
If you dont have the tools to assemble the upper then send all the parts and Doug at SRT will build it.
I just sent my barrel, barrel nut and hand guard to save time and $ as I have the tools to assemble it all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Send the barrel and any length floating hand guard that the SRT muffler will fit inside + the barrel nut that works with that hand guard
as it will go on the barrel before the muffler.
If you dont have the tools to assemble the upper then send all the parts and Doug at SRT will build it.
I just sent my barrel, barrel nut and hand guard to save time and $ as I have the tools to assemble it all.

Thank you Red!
-John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top