Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 8:45:30 AM EDT
I have a G22 and G17 and need a threaded barrel.  I DO NOT want one that has a match chamber.  I want reliability in crappy conditions.  Who makes a good threaded barrel with a chamber similar to a stock glock?  A black finish is a plus but not a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Glock is now making factory threaded barrels FYI.

ETA: Well, only for the G19 and G21.  My apologies - forgot that little tidbit.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Lonewolf black & blind marked
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1

I've had a 21 black threaded barrel on order for over two months, hope it gets here before my Osprey.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I've had a 21 black threaded barrel on order for over two months, hope it gets here before my Osprey.

Cancel the lonewolf order and get a genuine glock 21 threaded barrel from palmetto state armory...just a suggestion.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Cancel the lonewolf order and get a genuine glock 21 threaded barrel from palmetto state armory...just a suggestion.

Not a chance I'm going to spend $100 more for a factory barrel with the wrong threading for my supressor.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Gem-Tech. I have one for my G21 and it's an excellent barrel. I had no desire to purchase an over priced Glock factory threaded barrel in an unusual thread pitch. Not only that, but the chamber in a conventional barrel is much easier on brass... I can always tell when I'm resizing Glock brass in the Dillon.

The chamber isn't unusually tight. The only issue I've had is that 3 of my magazines that worked with the factory barrel failed to feed the last round on the new barrel. The cause was worn magazine springs.. and these mags were all 15 or more years old and have been well used and stored loaded. New springs and good to go with no issues

So far it's feed 230grn FMJ, 230gr Winchester SXT, and 230gr Hornady XTP with no failures after changing the magazine springs out. Only 3 mags needed it, but I changed them all out as my mags are all early LE Marked mags.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gem-Tech. I have one for my G21 and it's an excellent barrel. I had no desire to purchase an over priced Glock factory threaded barrel in an unusual thread pitch. Not only that, but the chamber in a conventional barrel is much easier on brass... I can always tell when I'm resizing Glock brass in the Dillon.

The chamber isn't unusually tight. The only issue I've had is that 3 of my magazines that worked with the factory barrel failed to feed the last round on the new barrel. The cause was worn magazine springs.. and these mags were all 15 or more years old and have been well used and stored loaded. New springs and good to go with no issues

So far it's feed 230grn FMJ, 230gr Winchester SXT, and 230gr Hornady XTP with no failures after changing the magazine springs out. Only 3 mags needed it, but I changed them all out as my mags are all early LE Marked mags.

Those are probably the same barrels as a Lone Wolf, at least from the looks of it.  They're out of stock too, I'm not in a big hurry and got a good price from a FMA dealer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably the same guy I got mine from

Figure that the Gem-Tech is a better value than LWD if you want a black barrel with no markings and a thread protector included.

ETA:

Won't have the P220 any more soon.. the Glock shoots better.. for being 20 years old.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Figure that the Gem-Tech is a better value than LWD if you want a black barrel with no markings and a thread protector included.

ETA:

Won't have the P220 any more soon.. the Glock shoots better.. for being 20 years old.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/Pentagon556/guns/GLOCK/threaded45s.jpg

Probably.

I'm getting the black one with thread protector for $125/shipped, so a good deal.

I bought a S&W M&P .45 with threaded barrel and will probably just end up keeping my good old Glock 21SF, love that gun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Probably.

I'm getting the black one with thread protector for $125/shipped, so a good deal.

I bought a S&W M&P .45 with threaded barrel and will probably just end up keeping my good old Glock 21SF, love that gun.

Did you order these barrels from gemtech or where?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Probably.

Did you order these barrels from gemtech or where?

Not Gemtech, local Lone Wolf dealer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I am a fan of Storm Lake barrels.  David is a good guy and does great work.  If you want the factory threaded Glock Barrel, all you have to do is change the piston on your Osprey.  A good dealer will swap pistons with you for $0 charge (before it is used, of course).  http://www.storm-lake.com/products/barrel#top
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top